The banana-hued, boxcar-sized drone was on display at the Navy’s Sea-Air-Space conference this week in National Harbor, Md. It can stay underwater for 30 days – and launch weapons.
Military officials are hoping that the Navy’s new yellow submarine – the latest high-tech advance in underwater drones – is going to revolutionize the way the Pentagon fights wars all over the world.
Developing these drones, however, means unlocking some tricky linchpins in unmanned technology in an effort to teach military machines autonomous behavior, which entails delving into what officials call “memory mapping” and other particulars of how people’s brains work.
For this reason, it’s important to understand “not just algorithms,” says Rear Adm. Mathias Winter, “but also the humanistic side – understanding neural networks and how we make decisions.”
Standing in an expo booth next to the banana-hued, boxcar-sized unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) at the Navy’s Sea-Air-Space conference this week, Rear Admiral Winter, who heads up the Office of Naval Research, oversees some 1,100 PhDs working for the service’s high-tech arm.
“I am continuously amazed with the underwater breakthrough technologies,” he says, glancing at a small “swarming” drone displayed just above his head at the expo in National Harbor, Md.
These breakthroughs include exploring not just decisionmaking technology, but also “off the charts, revolutionary” leaps forward in battery life and power storage to allow such crafts to one day operate for “months and years” underwater, Winter adds.
The Latest on: Decisionmaking technology
via Google News
The Latest on: Decisionmaking technology
- 5 Ways Technology Can Save Your Restaurant Time and Moneyon May 18, 2022 at 9:24 am
Upgrading your technology in your restaurant can help you save time and money. Here are five ways restaurant technology can keep your business running smoothly.
- Faculty launches “Frontier” to drive better organisational decision makingon May 18, 2022 at 6:02 am
Frontier” is decision intelligence software that describes what is happening in an organisation, predicts what will happen, and ...
- SyTrue Hires Healthcare Technology Veteran Steven Lang as Senior Vice President of Saleson May 18, 2022 at 5:08 am
SyTrue, the leader in modernizing payer workflows to reduce costs and increase efficiencies, announced today the appointment of Steven Lang as senior vice president of sales.
- “Democratic deficit” of decision making on gene-edited and gene drive releaseson May 18, 2022 at 4:08 am
When it comes to unconfined environmental releases of novel gene-edited and gene drive organisms, a “democratic deficit” may put ecosystems and public health in jeopardy, warns a recent paper by ...
- Kajeet Launches Sentinel Insights for Real-time Decision Making in IoT Managementon May 18, 2022 at 3:02 am
more informed decision making. “Sentinel Insights pioneers a new era for Kajeet’s data analytics engine and represents a critical step forward in our mission of providing intelligent connections for ...
- Metagenomics Market by Global Demand, Latest Technology and Clinical Outlook 2022-2030on May 18, 2022 at 1:34 am
At an estimated value of over USD 275.3 million in 2019, the Global Metagenomics Market is predicted to thrive at a CAGR of 14.5% and valued at over USD ...
- Why Universities Should Prioritize Student Success in IT Decision-Makingon May 17, 2022 at 8:39 pm
This philosophy should extend to the IT department. Every technology investment a university makes should affect the students in some way. Making technology accessible, preparing students with the ...
- Oizom's breakthrough technology leads the way in monitoring air quality in 50 countrieson May 17, 2022 at 9:15 am
The patented 'e-breathing technology' ensures accurate data ... global cities and industries across the world for better decision making with its accurate, robust and cost-effective Air Quality ...
- Membrane Separation Technology Market is set to grow at 7.80% CAGR through 2029on May 17, 2022 at 4:31 am
This business report could be a terrific guide for Associate in ideas, increased decision-making and higher business methods. All the information and statistics provided within the firstclass Membrane ...
- Data-driven decision-making: Easier said than doneon May 11, 2022 at 2:51 pm
“Having access to data in the cloud is a powerful resource for creating value, but only if paired with seamless data management technology to activate the data,” the report states. All of this ...
via Bing News