Maintaining food in places where high temperatures prevail, using little energy at a low cost, it is now possible with new technology, thanks to the creation of a solar cooling system designed by Susana Elvia Toledo Flores.
he prototype developed in the Research Department in Zeolites, at the Institute of Science of the Meritorious University of Puebla (BUAP), in center Mexico, works 24 hours and keeps the cold for up to three months.
The researcher developed the prototype in the Black Mountain Range of the state, where she has achieve to maintain water at nine degrees Celsius “with that temperature we can cool food, though the goal is to get as low as five, with this fish can be preserved without denaturing its proteins.”
The BUAP design is inexpensive, easy to manufacture and environmentally beneficial. “Normal cooling systems use chlorofluorocarbon chemicals that destroy the ozone layer and contribute to greenhouse gases, ours is friendly to the environment,” explains Toledo Flores.
It works with solar radiation and the cooling is achieved by means of a thermodynamic adsorption-desorption cycle lasting 24 hours. Methanol is used as a refrigerant and as zeolite (mineral) as an adsorbent.
Toledo Flores says the system has two stages, during the day “warming, desorption and the period of condensation happens. Solar energy heats the zeolite and increases the methanol vapor pressure, the refrigerant is condensed and stored in a tank flowing to the evaporator. ”
Overnight the cooling process is achieved, adsorption and evaporation period is performed. “The adsorbent bed temperature decreases after sunset, therefore, the refrigerant pressure is reduced and evaporates while the absorbent is cooled. During this period the coolant begins to evaporate and is again adsorbed by zeolite generating cooling temperatures of five degrees Celsius. The adsorption process continues all night until morning. ”
The equipment is composed of a solar collector, adsorbent bed, condenser and evaporator. To build it, the researcher calculates the amount of water to be cooled, thereby knows how many zeolite to use. She also considers the room temperature, in this case of 20 degrees Celsius.
The Latest on: Solar cooling system
via Google News
The Latest on: Solar cooling system
- North America Synchronous Condenser Market to be Valued USD 223.99 Million by 2026on February 22, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Rising demand for power factor correction government initiatives to replace fossil fuels increasing renewable power generation long service life existing and planned upgrades and expansion of High ...
- SunRoof Solar Expedites Solar and Roof Installation, Savingson February 22, 2021 at 8:30 pm
An energy audit is conducted so clients will know if they have any cooling and heating issues ... who want to decide on solar panels can achieve that with SunRoof Solar's Tax credit system. SunRoof ...
- District Cooling Energy System Market Development History Growing Technological Advancements And Business Analysis Develop By 2027on February 21, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Global District Cooling Energy system Market Segmented (By heating Heat-only Boilers, Combined Heat & Power, Geothermal Heating, Solar Heating and Heat Pumps By cooling-: Free Cooling, Absorption ...
- Radiative cooling combines with solar heating in hybrid designon February 21, 2021 at 1:15 pm
A system architecture that boosts the energy conservation capacity of passive cooling technology has been developed and tested by researchers from the State University of New York at Buffalo, ...
- Ural federal university: University Scientists Create Device For Obtaining Clean Water With Solar Energyon February 20, 2021 at 3:54 am
Scientists from the Ural Federal and Northern Technical Universities (Kirkuk, Iraq) have created a high-performance plate solar water distiller. The developers have determined its characteristics ...
- Ignoring pandemic, Americans installed record amounts of solar and wind energyon February 18, 2021 at 12:06 pm
The U.S. added a record amount of wind and solar energy last year even as the coronavirus was crippling the econo ...
- A heat-radiating material goes sideways to keep its coolon February 18, 2021 at 3:51 am
Thanks to an unusual orientation, a cooling system maintains an internal temperature 12 ˚C lower than the outside air on a clear, sunny day.
- Tesla’s next business: Turning your solar roof and EV into Bitcoin mineson February 17, 2021 at 4:02 am
In my previous post about blockchain and cryptocurrency, I discussed why I thought Tesla was making such a substantial investment in Bitcoin and allowing the cryptocurrency to be used for car ...
- Comet from edge of solar system killed the dinosaurs: studyon February 16, 2021 at 8:29 pm
A pair of astronomers at Harvard say they have now resolved long standing mysteries surrounding the nature and origin of the "Chicxulub impactor", a huge celestial object that triggered a catastrophic ...
- The best solar panels in Kenya: top brands in 2021on February 11, 2021 at 1:34 am
BEST SOLAR PANELS IN KENYA⭐ come with amazing features to serve your power needs. Find out everything there is to know about solar panels and the best brands ...
via Bing News