Founded in 2011, Rahtmobile is on a mission to perfect and make available “a vehicle that delivers an incredible rush AND an ecological benefit at the same time.”
Since the company’s signature product —the hybrid electric-and cycle-powered Raht Racer—was recently named a finalist in the 2015 Clean Energy Trust Challenge and can now achieve a highway speed of up to 90mph, the team may soon be able to upgrade to ‘mission: accomplished.’
Rahtmobile describes its innovative vehicle as a “human-hybrid powerbike” and an “amplifier,” as it uses “motor, battery and other technology [to amplify] your pedal power, or torque, into breathtaking, adrenaline pumping speed.”
The Raht can operate without being pedaled, but the single occupant’s cycling action is incorporated into the design to both provide exercise and extend the vehicle’s range by powering its generator.
The Raht prototype 2.0 has an approximate curb weight of 550 lbs, a reinforced carbon fiber body with an aluminum and carbon fiber monocoque frame, regenerative and disc brakes, and a 9.2 kWh lithium ion phosphate battery pack (including 36 total 80Ah cells).
Since the vehicle is built to achieve high speeds on shared roads, a number of safety features are included, too, such as seat belts, an air bag, car-grade lighting, and materials designed for impact absorption material.
Read more: Hit 90MPH Club with Human-Hybrid Powerbike
The Latest on: Human-Hybrid Powerbike
No news articles
via Google News
The Latest on: Human-Hybrid Powerbike
- Cloud’s key role in the emerging hybrid workforceon September 27, 2022 at 3:04 am
Hybrid work would not be possible without cloud computing. However, enterprises should address these mistakes before they kill productivity.
- Is a hybrid approach the answer to supply chain issues for mental health services?on September 27, 2022 at 2:43 am
Dr Chuk Anyaegbuna and Dr Tania Johnston discuss how technology can support current delivery systems and improve mental health services ...
- Hybrids may increase in popularity thanks to increased battery rangeon September 24, 2022 at 7:53 am
Having owned an occasionally stress-inducing low-range battery electric vehicle (BEV), and a drama-free plug-in hybrid (PHEV), I’ve wondered if my next purchase would be a long-range BEV.
- To Accommodate Hybrid Workers, Businesses Must Adjust Their Networkson September 23, 2022 at 12:10 pm
The future of work is hybrid. A report by Adecco found that 77 percent of employees want flexibility where they work, and 37 percent of organizations, according to a Jones Lang LaSalle survey, are ...
- When It Comes to Hybrid Workplaces, Culture Matters More Than Techon September 23, 2022 at 6:40 am
Most businesses today support hybrid work environments ... a vice president in Gartner’s human resources practice. Gartner notes that 76 percent of employees say “organizational culture is important ...
- Here's BMW M Hybrid V8 Race Car in Its Official Liveryon September 23, 2022 at 12:27 am
BMW has taken the wraps off its M Hybrid V8 prototype race car, which will make its racing debut in the IMSA GTP Class at the 2023 24 Hours of Daytona. In 2024, the BMW M Hybrid V8 will compete in ...
- Six recent discoveries that have changed how we think about human originson September 22, 2022 at 9:14 am
Hybrid species of human, once seen by experts as science fiction, may have played a key role in our evolution. Evidence of the importance of hybrids comes from genetics. The trail is not only in ...
- 2022 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Road Test Review | Great SUV if you can get iton September 22, 2022 at 5:48 am
2022 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid front three quarter low Image Credit: James Riswick Beyond the benefits inherent to any PHEV SUV, the Sorento impresses with its distinctive type of plug-in hybrid ...
- Collaboration in the Hybrid Workforceon September 22, 2022 at 4:09 am
Hybrid work is here to stay: studies indicate the majority of the federal workforce will continue working remotely at least one, if not more, days per week. And the consensus is that arrangement ...
- 2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid and PHEV lineups trimmed, prices raisedon September 20, 2022 at 11:46 am
The lineups for the 2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid and Sorento Plug-In Hybrid have both lost one trim and increased their prices over 2022. Starting with the Sorento Hybrid, the entry-level S trim is no ...
via Bing News