In Europe, as elsewhere, demand for natural gas is continuously increasing.
Gas hydrate accumulations in continental shelf sediments are considered a promising resource for future gas supply by several non-European countries, such as USA, Japan, China, India, South Korea, and Taiwan. In 2013, the Research Consortium for Methane Hydrate Resources in Japan produced gas during a successful offshore field test.
Recently a European Concerted Research Action (COST) designated to marine gas hydrates was established. Stefan Bünz, associate professor at CAGE, was elected the Vice Chair of the action.
Marine gas hydrate – an indigenous resource of natural gas for Europe (MIGRATE) will examine the potential of gas hydrates as an economically feasible and environmentally sound energy resource.
In particular, MIGRATE aims to determine the European potential inventory of exploitable gas hydrates, to assess current technologies for their production, and to evaluate the associated risks.
“With the wide spectrum of gas hydrate research undertaken in CAGE, we will significantly contribute to three of the working groups in MIGRATE: resource assessment; exploration, production and monitoring technologies; and environmental and geohazard challenges. “ says Bünz.
The Latest on: Gas Hydrates
via Google News
The Latest on: Gas Hydrates
- Shell outlines plans for North Sea Jackdaw gas projecton May 13, 2021 at 10:39 am
Shell has submitted an environmental statement for its planned development of the Jackdaw gas/condensate field in the UK central North Sea.
- Deepening tension in South China Sea regionon May 10, 2021 at 6:15 pm
China has drilled deep in the South China Sea to retrieve sediment core from the seabed, amid tensions over disputed waters with rival claimants Taiwan and the Philippines, even as the United ...
- Say cheers to beat the heaton May 10, 2021 at 4:30 pm
These six cool drinks will get you through this hot summer ...
- Commercial, Transportation And Heavy Industries Lead Methane Hydrate Market, Fact.MR Latest Reporton May 10, 2021 at 3:15 am
Dynamics. To cater the required fuel for consumption by the transportation and automotive sector in turn will drive the methane hydrate market in the futur ...
- Oxygen Scavengers Market Growth to Be Worth USD 2.78 Billion by 2027 : Reports and Dataon May 5, 2021 at 12:16 pm
The global Oxygen Scavengers Market is forecast to reach USD 2.78 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Growing demand f ...
- Capstone Green Energy Corporation: Capstone Green Energy Receives Large Order to be Installed at Methane Hydrate Plant in Alaska's North Slopeon May 3, 2021 at 7:08 am
The new system is expected to be commissioned in May 2022. Methane hydrate (also known as gas hydrate) is a relatively new energy source found in permafrost and some undersea regions. It has ...
- Capstone Green Energy (NASDAQ:CGRN) Receives Large Order to be Installed at Methane Hydrate Plant in Alaska's North Slopeon May 3, 2021 at 5:16 am
The Remote 2MW Combined Heat and Power System is Designed to Help in Advancing Research and Development in Promising New Energy Source VAN NUYS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 3, 2021 / Capstone Green Energy ...
- Methane gas increased following melting of ice sheetson April 29, 2021 at 9:01 pm
Melting of the Arctic ice sheets caused rapid methane release from the ocean floor during the last two deglaciations according to a new study led by scientists ...
- A Massive Methane Reservoir Is Lurking Beneath the Seaon April 29, 2021 at 4:54 am
Scientists have found a methane reservoir below the permafrost seabed of the Laptev Sea—a reservoir that could suddenly release large amounts of the potent greenhouse gas.
- Multiscale analysis of the hydrate based carbon capture from gas mixtures containing carbon dioxideon April 28, 2021 at 3:01 am
Although the densities of Ih ice and sI hydrate did not deviate significantly, hydrate formation from Ih ice was still found to go through a volume increase associated with hydrate expansion 25.
via Bing News