Five Indian scientists have been able to demonstrate an increase of whopping 40 per cent to 100 per cent in agricultural production using nano-technology and iron-pyrite – one of the cheapest and abundant minerals available on earth.
The 13th New AG International Conference – world’s largest event for agricultural technology – was held this week in New Delhi this year and attended by hundreds of delegates from more than 60 countries. However India stole the show with this breakthrough innovation that enhances productivity without fertilizer or genetic engineering.
The team of Mainak Das, Deepu Philip, Sushil Kr Singh, Kalpana Bhargava and Niroj K Sethy found a new way to treat seeds with nano-particles of iron-pyrites before sowing that enhances plant growth significantly.
“I always wanted to do something to eradicate hunger. That is what motivated me to pursue this research”, says Mainak Das who is a faculty in Biological Sciences at IIT Kanpur. He and his colleague Deepu Philip from Industrial Engineering, IITK left their lucrative careers in USA to come back to India and give back. Kalpana and Sushil also have the same story. They also quit plush foreign jobs to join Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO). The five pooled their own savings and assets for this research.
While speaking to India Today, Sushil said, “We have been able to show wonderful results with spinach, carrot, fenugreek, sesame and beetroot so far. And this happens without disturbing the soil ecosystem unlike fertilizers as we are treating seeds and not soil. This is first time such results have been achieved to best of our knowledge.”
“We have observed significant increase in plant dimensions as well as healthy mineral content. This is called bio-stimulation. It is like making Captain America from frail Steve Rogers. In fact this is Captain India!”, Niroj shared with excitement.
Kalpana added, “The dosage requirement is minimal because of nano dimensions. There are no adverse impacts on either plant or soil. There is no tinkering with genome.”
The Latest on: Bio-stimulation
via Google News
The Latest on: Bio-stimulation
- Oilfield Surfactants Market Key Players Update, Future Demand, Sales, Production, Consumption and Forecast to 2028on July 29, 2022 at 12:44 am
Bio-based ); Application (Drilling, Stimulation ); Surfactant Class (Non-Ionic, Anionic, Cationic, Polymeric, Amphoteric, others) and Geography Oilfield surfactants are chemicals which ...
- Building A Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Device In A Weekendon July 26, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is a technique that applies electrical current to nerves and muscles for the relief of pain. Before you ask, yes, some of these devices are FDA ...
- Can Brain Stimulation Improve Motor Skill Learning?on July 20, 2022 at 4:53 pm
In older adults, transcranial brain stimulation improves the age-related impairment in learning new motor skills. The study used a common way of evaluating how well a person learns new motor ...
- Brain stimulation improves motor skill learning at older ageon July 20, 2022 at 10:59 am
In a new study, Hummel and his PhD student Pablo Maceira-Elvira have found that transcranial brain stimulation can improve the age-related impairment in learning new motor skills. The study used a ...
- Global Respiratory Electrical Stimulation Device Market 2022 Key Product Segments, Application Analysis, and Industry Growth Forecast by 2028on July 6, 2022 at 6:13 am
Jul 05, 2022 (CDN Newswire via Comtex) -- MarketsandResearch.biz has released a new research titled Global Respiratory Electrical Stimulation Device Market 2022 by Manufacturers, Regions ...
- Global Functional Electrical Stimulation Devices Market Anticipated to Grow at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2022-27 | DelveInsighton June 30, 2022 at 9:05 am
Las Vegas, USA, June 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Functional Electrical Stimulation Devices Market Anticipated to Grow at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2022-27 | DelveInsight Functional Electrical ...
- Provisional liquidator appointed to subsidiaries of Slendertone deviceson June 29, 2022 at 12:26 pm
BMR Slendertone SARL of Paris, France, and Slendertone Distribution Inc, New Jersey, USA, are subsidiaries of Bio-Medical Research ... EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) machines marketed ...
- Provisional liquidator appointed to subsidiaries of wound-up Slendertone manufactureron June 29, 2022 at 12:21 pm
BMR Slendertone SARL, of Paris, France, and Slendertone Distribution Inc, New Jersey, USA, are subsidiaries of the Bio-Medical Research ... electrical muscle stimulation machines marketed under ...
- GE & Feinstein Liver Stim Provides New Pathway in Bioelectronic Medicine to Treat Obesityon June 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Preclinical research from Feinstein Institutes and GE Research uses a noninvasive targeted stimulation of the liver to reduce obesity, and potentially Type 2 diabetes mellitus. The peripheral ...
- Peter Shizgal, PhDon February 6, 2022 at 7:41 am
Conover, K., Solis, P., Palacios, D., & Shizgal, P. (2020) Dopamine neurons do not constitute an obligatory stage in the final common path for the evaluation and pursuit of brain stimulation reward.
via Bing News