We can already 3D print math aids, prosthetic jaws, fashion shoes and chairs…but when will we be able to print integrated electronics? According to the creators of Voxel8, late this year.
Voxel8 is the first 3D printer that allows makers to co-matrix (print together in the same batch) thermoplastics and conductive materials.
Printing basic electronics has been a reality for over a year, but the Voxel8 offers two improvements that position it as the 3D electronics printer that changed the game.
Voxel8 “Silver Ink” is 5,000 times as conductive as the next best printable conductor, conductive paste. It’s 20,000 times as conductive as 3D conductive filament. Beyond that, where previous 3D printing of electronics required multiple stages, each for different materials, the Voxel8 allows whole-cloth printing of an entire device ready to work as soon as you add a power source.
In theory, you could print any electronic device that fits inside the printer bed, and doesn’t require specialized materials. Voxel8 has made a bit of a show of flying their fully-printed quadcopters when demoing the device.
The Latest on: 3D Electronics Printing
via Google News
The Latest on: 3D Electronics Printing
- Global Conductive Inks Market Report 2021: An Estimated $3 Billion in Annual Revenues and Will Continue to grow - Forecast to 20231on December 1, 2021 at 1:45 pm
The "The Global Market for Conductive Inks to 2021-2031" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- The Most Significant Advanced Materials News from 2021, Discussed by IDTechExon December 1, 2021 at 9:09 am
Applications: electronics The electronics industry has been dominated ... and how they are generated and processed with the likes of synthetic biology and 3D printing. Materials science and the ...
- How Manchester is making material gains for cities of the futureon December 1, 2021 at 7:40 am
Recognized as one of the most innovative cities in the world, the city that was at the center of the Industrial Revolution, is delivering new global firsts that are shaping cities and lives of ...
- Recent advances in optical dynamic meta-holographyon November 30, 2021 at 10:12 am
Recent Advances in Optical Dynamic Meta-Holography In a new publication from Opto-Electronic Advances; DOI 10.29026/oea.2021.210030, the research group of Professor Xiong Wei, from Huazhong University ...
- Global Conductive Inks Market Report 2021 with Company Profiles of 129 Companieson November 30, 2021 at 5:48 am
The "The Global Market for Conductive Inks to 2021-2031" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The global market for conductive inks is estimated at >$3 billion in annual ...
- Is Nano Dimension a Good 3D-Printer Stock to Own?on November 29, 2021 at 1:59 pm
Even though 3D printing technology is still in its early stages, companies in this space are projected to witness significant growth in the coming months. However, not all companies are expected to ...
- 3D Printing Filament Market Demand With Key Players: Detailed Research Report 2026on November 26, 2021 at 1:07 am
D printing technology has evolved over the years which has led to 3D printers finding diverse applications in automotive and electronics industries 3D filaments are materials used for 3D printing and ...
- Hire Electronic Specialists near Islamabadon November 25, 2021 at 3:51 am
Hire the best freelance Electronic Specialists near Islamabad on Upwork™, the world’s top freelancing website. It’s simple to post your job and we’ll quickly match you with the top Electronic ...
- India’s mechanical engineering course set for IT makeover, to include 3D printing & droneson November 24, 2021 at 9:32 pm
An AICTE-appointed committee is working on revising the mechanical engineering syllabus for all colleges barring centrally-funded institutes like IITs, IIITs and NITs.
- 3D Printed Electronics Market is Expected to Rise at a CAGR of ~31% from 2021 to 2031 | TMRon November 18, 2021 at 4:42 pm
Transparency Market Research delivers key insights on the global 3D printed electronics market . In terms of revenue, the global 3D printed electronics market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~31% ...
via Bing News