A team of American and Australian researchers claim they have created algorithms that enable robots to learn operational skills by watching human activities. They “taught” their robot to cook by showing it some YouTube videos.
Researchers from the University of Maryland and the Australian research center NICTA have been “educating” their robot using the so-called “deep learning” method of artificial intelligence training.
This method implies that a robot receives large chunks of information through a number artificial neural networks, be it audio and video images recognition or other information inputs, then sums the new data up and acts in accordance with the freshly obtained experience.
The robot employs recognition techniques that make it capable of recognizing specific objects, the way they are grasped by the human hand, and even predicting the next action most likely to be made with the object. This means that the robot could analyze and learn how to handle instruments and tools.
Modern robots could thus be “taught” to mechanically repeat a certain operation, e.g. painting a vehicle, yet a machine capable of analyzing the process to learn “how it works” has an invaluable importance for the future of robotics.
The scientists claim that the AI robot created by the researchers was trained to cook using 88 videos of people cooking found on the web. Once the robot analyzed the videos, it was able to generate the commands it would need to cook food.
“We believe this preliminary integrated system raises hope toward a fully intelligent robot for manipulation tasks that can automatically enrich its own knowledge resource by “watching” recordings from the World Wide Web,” the researchers said.
Read more: Gigabyte gourmet: AI robot learns to cook just by watching YouTube videos
The Latest on: Deep learning
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Deep learning” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Deep learning
- Machine Learning Programs Predict Risk of Death Based on Results From Routine Hospital Testson March 21, 2023 at 12:32 pm
Using ECG data, a new machine learning algorithm was able to predict death within 5 years of a patient being admitted to hospital with 87% accuracy. The AI was able to sort patients into 5 categories ...
- Deep Learning System Market Growth and Forecast till 2028on March 20, 2023 at 8:04 pm
What is the Deep Learning System market growth? Deep Learning System Market Size is projected to Reach Multimillion USD by 2028, In comparison to 2023, at unexpected CAGR during the forecast Period ...
- Student Named as Apple Scholar for Connecting People with Machine Learningon March 20, 2023 at 5:00 am
A Georgia Tech Ph.D. student has been selected as an Apple Scholar for work done to ensure machine learning (ML) systems are easy to use and understand for researchers, developers, and everyday ...
- Deep Learning Chipset Market Outlook: Predictions and Projections for 2028 And Beyondon March 19, 2023 at 11:22 pm
Mar 20, 2023 (The Expresswire) -- "Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry." The Deep Learning Chipset Market ...
- South Park's latest episode was co-written by ChatGPT: 'Deep Learning' ends with a script generated by OpenAI's chatboton March 17, 2023 at 2:24 pm
The creators of South Park employed help from OpenAI's ChatGPT to create the latest episode titled 'Deep Learning.' The fourth episode of season 26 shows several boys of Stan's class using the ...
- Deep Learning vs. Machine Learning: What's the Difference?on March 15, 2023 at 11:30 am
Deep learning and machine learning are two important fields in artificial intelligence. But how do they differ?
- A deep learning and model predictive control framework to control quadrotors and agile robotson March 13, 2023 at 3:00 am
In recent years, computer scientists have developed increasingly advanced algorithms for controlling the movements of robotic agents. These include model predictive control (MPC) techniques, which use ...
- Neural Networks vs. Deep Learning: How Are They Different?on March 9, 2023 at 12:30 pm
Although some people use neural networks and deep learning interchangeably, their advancements, features, and applications vary. So what are neural networks and deep learning models, and how do they ...
- Using deep learning to develop a forecasting model for efficiently managing electric gridson March 1, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Climate change is a major environmental challenge of our time. It is accelerating due to excessive carbon emissions from non-renewable energy sources, including fossil fuels. Given these circumstances ...
- Deep learning for safer drivingon March 1, 2023 at 6:07 am
CERN and software company Zenseact have completed a three-year project investigating the use of AI in autonomous vehicles.
via Bing News