Car maker Toyota has announced that it will freely share almost 6,000 patents it owns covering hydrogen fuel cell technology.
It said it took the step in a bid to drive development of cars that use the alternative fuel source.
The announcement was made soon after it showed off its Mirai hydrogen-driven car in Las Vegas.
Toyota is one of a record number of car makers attending CES to unveil new models or connected-car strategies.
The patents will be made available free of charge to anyone wanting to use them. The patent portfolio covers fuel cell stacks, high-pressure hydrogen tanks, software control systems and the industrial processes involved in generating and supplying the gas.
“When good ideas are shared, great things can happen,” said Bob Carter, senior vice president of automotive operations at Toyota in a statement.
He added that the first generation of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, which are expected to be launched over the next five years, would require “unconventional collaboration” among car makers, governments, power firms and researchers.
Read more: CES 2015: Toyota opens up hydrogen patents
The Latest on: Patent sharing
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Patent sharing” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Patent sharing
- How Patent Thickets Keep Cheaper Drugs Off the Marketon February 3, 2023 at 10:11 am
There are three main methods that I'm interested in that deal with patent practice, since I'm a patent law person. Broadly, they're evergreening, patent thicketing, and product topping. Evergreening ...
- Doc Re-Used Nasal Surgery Devices; Humira Patent Game; Nonprofit Hospital Tacticson February 1, 2023 at 1:13 pm
AbbVie, the drug company behind the blockbuster drug adalimumab (Humira), utilized a "savvy but legal exploitation of the U.S. patent system" in order to block competitors from entering the market, ...
- Study on Latest Technology Patent Drug Market Report 2023 Is Booming Globally by 2028 with Leading CAGRon February 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
GlobalPatent Drug Market (2023-2028) research report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of ...
- Who Are the World's Largest Patent Holders?on January 31, 2023 at 8:51 am
Here’s an overview of the patent landscape in 2022, according to data by IFI Claims Patent Service. With 6,248 patents granted during the year, Samsung ( SSNLF) is the highest patent holder for 2022.
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals: Teva's Patent Challenge Of Firdapse Could Spell The End For This Cash Cowon January 31, 2023 at 4:24 am
Catalyst has successfully commercialised Firdapse, a therapy for LEMS, earning >$200m from the drug in 2022 likely with a strong profit margin. Read more here.
- Rising to the Top in a Post-Pandemic IP World: A Look at the Most Active Patent Litigators and the Latest District Court Patent Litigation Dataon January 31, 2023 at 4:15 am
A company’s value, reputation, and success can be directly tied to its intellectual property, and therefore, it is critically important to safeguard that IP. Thus, it is essential that we study the ...
- IRIS Secures Augmented Reality Patent that Allows Users to Share Experiences Across Multiple Deviceson January 27, 2023 at 8:05 am
announced today that it has been issued a system patent to provide the world’s first synchronized sharing of augmented reality (XR) content in real-time across multiple devices by the United ...
- IRIS Secures Augmented Reality Patent that Allows Users to Share Experiences Across Multiple Deviceson January 26, 2023 at 1:35 pm
IRIS, a technology company bringing humanity into the augmented reality space, announced today that it has been issued a system patent to provide the world’s first synchronized sharing of ...
- Helpshift gets patent for bridging customer support for multiple platformson January 23, 2023 at 5:12 am
This patent is based on Helpshift’s APIs that ... You’ll hear from the brightest minds within the gaming industry to share their updates on the latest developments. Customer support is ...
via Bing News