Picking up an apple is one of those jobs requiring the delicate touch of the human hand – or its robotic counterpart.
ESA is developing technologies for advanced human–machine interaction to transfer the human sense of touch to space.
The aim is that remote operators will feel as though they are right there with whatever they are controlling, such as planetary rovers.
Among the specialised equipment is this UK-supplied Shadow Hand, which incorporates a force-feedback sense of touch and pressure to allow high-precision, high-manipulability gripping, with the robot hand reproducing the motion of its human operator.
The Latest on: Telerobotics
via Google News
The Latest on: Telerobotics
- Telerobotic Surgery: What Will It Take to Enable Widespread Adoption?on February 14, 2021 at 4:00 pm
In theory, telerobotics could also allow more patients to have access to specialists. A patient in rural Texas, for example, that needs immediate surgery could get the care she needs even if there ...
- HaptX Launches HaptX Gloves DK2 to Bring True-contact Haptics to VR and Roboticson January 26, 2021 at 11:13 am
Technology companies are increasing their investment in telerobotics. We're proud to launch HaptX Gloves DK2 to meet this demand." HaptX achieves true-contact haptics through its patented ...
- Medical Microinstruments Appoints Healthcare Industry Veteran Mark Toland as Chief Executive Officeron January 12, 2021 at 7:12 am
Under Toland's leadership, the company built advanced capabilities in automation and telerobotics, which included the first ever remotely performed heart procedure in the world and ...
- CES 2021: Square Off unveils first rollable chess computer with in-built AI opponenton January 12, 2021 at 5:05 am
Using the properties of telerobotics, the company manufactures automated chess boards where players can play chess on their own boards but with anyone around the world. There is also the option of ...
- NVNT.PK - Novint Technologies, Inc. Profile | Reuterson September 24, 2019 at 4:13 am
such as custom hardware, system development, haptic software, simulation and training, planning and analysis, modeling and visualization, telerobotics and product marketing.
- Human Exploration Telerobotics (HET)on November 29, 2016 at 12:00 pm
The Human Exploration Telerobotics (HET) Technology Demonstration Mission is demonstrating how telerobotics -- remote control of a variety of robotic arms, rovers and other devices -- can take routine ...
- People Are Robots, Too. Almoston March 5, 2015 at 5:19 pm
While much emphasis is placed on developing physical characteristics for robots, like functioning human-like faces or artificial muscles, engineers in the Telerobotics Research and Applications Group ...
via Bing News