Creating quite a buzz among robotics enthusiasts and media outlets, a number of robotic security guards recently toured Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus during an industry event.
Today, the bots’ makers announced that the success of their first rounds of funding — which raised over $5 million — will allow the company to put their automatons to work patrolling other Silicon Valley campuses in the near future.
Robotics firm Knightscope said, including converted funds from its seed round, it has raised an oversubscribed $5.2 million in Series A financing. In a press release, the company noted that the investment will help to accelerate its deployments of robotic security services in Silicon Valley while “aggressively” continuing technology development.
Knightscope’s autonomous data machines (ADMs) are autonomous robots with an array of surveillance sensors for monitoring various security conditions, each unit being capable of generating over 90 terabytes of data per year. In addition to wirelessly relaying surveillance data to Knightscope Security Operations Centers (KSOC) and providing real-time alerts to human staff, the robots offer a “physical and commanding presence in public places where security is needed,” the company explained.
Knightscope’s first machine, the K5, is now being made available via preorder on a MaaS (Machine-as-a-Service) rental basis. Select customers in Silicon Valley will be able to rent the ADMs for 24/7 deployments over one-, two-, or three-year terms, with a per-machine rental rate of $6.25 per hour. According to Knightscope, deploying K5 machines around outdoor corporate environments, data centers, shopping malls, and where private security guards are stationed “will free humans to address strategic tasks while the machines handle the monotonous, computationally heavy and sometimes dangerous tasks.”
The Latest on: Robot security guard
via Google News
The Latest on: Robot security guard
- Israel’s Newest High-Tech Border Guard: The Jaguar Roboton August 21, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The IDF has broader ambitions to eventually integrate the Jaguar into its conventional warfighting capabilities.
- Artificial Intelligence Technology Solutions Announces Details of Strategic Relationship with Ghost Robotics Corporationon August 20, 2021 at 2:24 pm
RAD has been a market maker in the security services industry with their stationary and mobile products. Integrating our QUGVs into their offering will certainly open doors and bring new opportunities ...
- Best robot vacuum 2021: ranking robot vacuums we’ve tested from Roomba, Dyson, and moreon August 20, 2021 at 4:05 am
The best robot vacuums will pootle around your home, sucking up dust and dirt automatically, making your life easier by allowing you to focus on other chores, or put your feet up, rather than having ...
- Metro East business owners indicted in alleged scheme to steal, resell military equipmenton August 20, 2021 at 3:00 am
Two men from the metro-east and a third from Missouri were indicted Wednesday on charges of conspiring to steal and sell military equipment and other military property.
- Australian soldier who fought in Afghanistan reveals the one reason the Taliban were always going to take over the countryon August 19, 2021 at 12:00 am
An Australian soldier who fought in Afghanistan has described the Taliban as blank-eyed, emotionless robots 'hypnotised' to kill - and says that's the reason they have been able to take over the ...
- Two new documentaries trace the thin line between civil society and armed warfareon August 18, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Tower revisits the 1966 sniper killings at the University of Texas; Do Not Resist looks at the sale of military equipment to local law enforcement.
- Inside Vietnam’s Forgotten Drone Waron August 13, 2021 at 11:45 pm
Aerial robots played an important although unheralded part in locating bomber targets, jamming enemy radar, and disseminating propaganda across Southeast Asia.
- Trifo Lucy Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Reviewon August 11, 2021 at 6:34 am
Disclosure: We received the robot vacuum in exchange for this review. We spent time testing it to make sure the review is honest and unbiased. Trifo developed their products to stand out from other ...
- After Its Gaza War, Israel Is Sending Armed Robots to Watch Hamason August 11, 2021 at 5:40 am
Supposedly Jaguars will assume routine patrol duties for the Gaza division, reducing by one battalion the forces deployed to guard the barrier.
- Household Robots Market Manufacturers 2021, SWOT Analysis, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2027 with Top Growth Companieson August 10, 2021 at 9:21 pm
In 2021, “ Household Robots Market “ Size, Status and Market Insights, Forecast to 2027 |( Number of Pages:132) ...
via Bing News