Future fitness trackers could soon add blood-oxygen levels to the list of vital signs measured with new technology developed by engineers at UC Berkeley
“There are various pulse oximeters already on the market that measure pulse rate and blood-oxygen saturation levels, but those devices use rigid conventional electronics, and they are usually fixed to the fingers or earlobe,” said Ana Arias, an associate professor of electrical engineering and computer sciences and head of the UC Berkeley team that is developing a new organic optoelectronic sensor.
By switching from silicon to an organic, or carbon-based, design, the researchers were able to create a device that could ultimately be thin, cheap and flexible enough to be slapped on like a Band-Aid during that jog around the track or hike up the hill.
The engineers put the new prototype up against a conventional pulse oximeter and found that the pulse and oxygen readings were just as accurate.
The research team reported its findings today (Wednesday, Dec. 10) in the journal Nature Communications.
Giving silicon a run for its money
The Latest on: Organic electronics
via Google News
The Latest on: Organic electronics
- Integration Will Drive In-Mold Electronics Market, IDTechEx Sayson October 11, 2021 at 6:50 am
An extension of the in-mold decorating process, in-mold electronics’ initial applications will be in consumer goods and automotive interiors.
- Plastics (Organic) Electronics Market Report Provides Marketing Channel, Distributors, Customers and Manufacturing Process Analysis 2021 to 2027on October 8, 2021 at 3:19 am
Oct 08, 2021 (The Expresswire) -- "Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry" The report analyse the growth rate of ...
- Organic Electronics Market Size to Reach USD 178.25 Billion in 2028 | Emergen Researchon October 5, 2021 at 6:30 am
Emergen Research has published a latest report for the semiconductors and electronics market titled "Organic Electronics Market By ...
- GM announces Solar & Printed Electronics partnership with SCIPRIOSon October 5, 2021 at 3:24 am
GM has announced that it is joining forces with SCIPRIOS GmbH to provide tailor-made, cutting-edge R&D coating solutions for both scientific research and industrial production in all areas of printed ...
- Organic Electronics Market: Global Industry Analysis, Trends, Market Size, and Forecasts up to 2026on September 27, 2021 at 1:47 am
(MENAFN- Comserve) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Sep 27, 2021, 02:07 /Comserve / -- The report predicts the global organic electronics market to grow with a CAGR of 28.4% over the forecast ...
- Organic Electronics Market top key players , Growth, Overview , share, Forecast, industry analysis by 2028on September 24, 2021 at 12:39 am
Organic Electronics Market Size – USD 55.18 Billion in 2020, Market Growth – at a CAGR of 15.4% ...
- 7th International Fall School on Organic Electronics (IFSOE-2021)on September 15, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The School will cover the following topics: Fundamentals of organic electronics: charge transport, modeling, photophysics, etc. Design and synthesis of materials for organic electronics: organic ...
- Novel polymer can boost performance of organic and perovskite solar cellson September 15, 2021 at 10:03 am
Skoltech researchers and their colleagues have synthesized a new conjugated polymer for organic electronics using two different chemical reactions and shown the impact of the two methods on its ...
- Novel polymer can boost performance of organic and perovskite solar cellson September 15, 2021 at 5:45 am
(Nanowerk News) Skoltech researchers and their colleagues have synthesized a new conjugated polymer for organic electronics using two different chemical reactions and shown the impact of the two ...
- Concepts in Molecular and Organic Electronicson September 13, 2021 at 3:14 pm
To register your interest please contact [email protected] providing details of the course you are teaching. Organic electronics hold the promise for application in flexible displays, printable ...
via Bing News