Mashgin computer cashier recognizes different food items as well as any human would
Doomsayers about the future have a lot to say about things that might be extinct before the turn of the next century. Elephants. Whales. Rainforests. The middle class. Generally, it’s bad news.
Next year, Mashgin may give us a possible impending extinction that’s nothing but good news: the end of waiting in line. Invented by Muul Dhankhkar, a former Bell Labs engineer, it’s essentially the equivalent of those automated tellers we’ve been using at the grocery store for the past ten years. Instead of using a bar code scanner, Mashgin connects a high-resolution camera to advanced analytical software.
The result is you can put a plate of food beneath it — any plate of food, no matter how complex. Mashgin will recognize the component parts, ring up a total, and run your credit card or cell phone payment. In trials, it’s completed the task in a fraction of the time a human cashier would.
Although Mashgin’s team promises the end of waiting in line, anybody who’s queued up for the automated cashier at supermarkets knows this is a bit of a stretch given what they offer. ATMs and those automated post office kiosks didn’t eliminate lines in those spaces, either.
The Latest on: Automation
via Google News
The Latest on: Automation
- Global Logistics Automation Market By Function, By Component, By Enterprise Size, By End User, By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026on April 22, 2021 at 6:44 am
Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global Logistics Automation Market By Function, By Component, ...
- 17 of the Best Marketing Automation Software Platforms and Tools for 2021on April 22, 2021 at 6:30 am
Marketing can be a time-consuming activity. Yes, marketing is vital to almost every business, but if you’re the person ...
- ServiceNow launches unified agent platform, aims to meld diagnostics with incident automationon April 22, 2021 at 6:00 am
The company is launching Agent Client Collector, or ACC, to deliver visibility and allow service and operations teams to automate incident resolution.
- Network Automation Market Overview, SWOT Analysis, Applications, Trends and Forecast 2021 – 2025on April 22, 2021 at 3:43 am
Kenneth Research has published a detailed report on Network Automation Market, which has been categorized by market size ...
- Automation software maker UiPath shares rise over 23% in NYSE debuton April 22, 2021 at 12:40 am
Robotic process automation startup UiPath jumped 23% in its stock market debut, raising $1.3 billion in one of the largest software IPOs.
- Adobe adds new automation, AI capabilities to Experience Manager cloud serviceon April 21, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Key updates include new Creative Cloud-powered content automation capabilities within AEM. Adobe has announced a new batch of capabilities for its Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as a cloud service.
- How Marketing Automation is Beneficial to Businesseson April 21, 2021 at 9:30 pm
How Marketing Automation is Beneficial to Businesses By cio review - Marketing automation allows sales teams to work with qualified leads and convert more leads into sales. FREMONT, ...
- Automation Anywhere Hosts the Industry's Premier Virtual Cloud RPA and AI Eventon April 21, 2021 at 3:12 pm
Inc., a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), announces Imagine Digital – the industry's premier cloud-native and AI virtual ...
- Workflow automation platform Aisera raises $40Mon April 21, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Aisera, a startup developing an enterprise-focused workflow automation platform, has raised $40 million in a venture funding round.
- Automation Software Maker UiPath’s Shares Rise 23% in Market Debuton April 21, 2021 at 12:31 pm
The company’s shares rose 23% in their first day of trading, valuing the business at about $36 billion.
via Bing News