Lancaster University is about to take the concept of smart cities out of town. Computer scientists at Lancaster University are investigating how the Internet of Things could work in the countryside.
The Internet of Things – which enables object-to-object communication over the internet and real time data monitoring – has typically been associated with urban environments and until now the countryside has been left out in the cold.
Computer scientist Professor Gordon Blair of Lancaster University has won £171,495 from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council to lead a new project in Conwy, North Wales, which will investigate how the Internet of Things could work in the countryside.
Working with partners at the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, The British Geological Survey and Bangor University, the project launched on December 1 and will run for 18 months.
Problems from flooding and agricultural pollution to animal movements and drought could all potentially benefit from smart technology in the sticks.
The Internet of Things, which takes everyday objects and hooks them up to the internet, represents a shift in the way we gather and engage with information. Applying this booming technology to the countryside presents challenges – for example how to build a network when there are mountains and trees in the way – but researchers believe the benefits could be huge.
Sheep with digital collars, sensors on riverbanks, rainfall and river flow monitors could all soon form part of the project.
The Latest on: Internet of Things
via Google News
The Latest on: Internet of Things
- Global Consumer Internet of Things (CIoT) Market Research Report- Opportunities & Challenges With Completely Different Segments, Forecast- 2027on July 6, 2021 at 12:48 pm
The report on the Consumer Internet of Things (CIoT) market provides a bird’s eye view of the current proceeding within the Consumer Internet of Things (CIoT) market. Further, the report also takes ...
- Internet of Things in Banking Market May see a Big Move | Major Giants Cisco, Ranosys Technologies, Gizmosupporton July 6, 2021 at 9:53 am
Keep yourself up-to-date with latest market trends and changing dynamics due to Economic Slowdown globally. Maintain a competitive edge by sizing up with available business opportunity in COVID-19 ...
- IoT (Internet of Things) for Public Safety Market Outlook by Key Players, Industry Overview, Supply and Consumption Demand Analysis By 2027on July 6, 2021 at 9:53 am
The new report on the IoT (Internet of Things) for Public Safety market provides estimations of the size of the global market and share and size of key regional markets during the historical period of ...
- Global Cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) Storage Technologies Market Size, Status and Forecast 2021-2027on July 6, 2021 at 1:49 am
Pages Report] Check for Discount on Global Cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) Storage Technologies Market Size, Status and Forecast 2021-2027 report by QYResearch Group. Market Analysis and Insights: ...
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Networks Market Size, Status and Forecast 2021-2027on July 6, 2021 at 1:49 am
Pages Report] Check for Discount on Global Internet of Things (IoT) Networks Market Size, Status and Forecast 2021-2027 report by QYResearch Group. Market Analysis and Insights: Global Internet of ...
- States Internet of Things (IoT) in Energy and Utility Applications Market Innovative Strategy by 2028 | Cisco Systems, Comcaston July 6, 2021 at 12:13 am
Los Angeles United State including Q4 analysis The report named Global States Internet of Things IoT in Energy and Utility Applications Market has been added to the archive of market research studies ...
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) in Warehouse Management Market Will Be Fiercely Competitive by Top Companies during Pandemic endon July 5, 2021 at 9:36 am
This Internet of Things (IoT) in Warehouse Management market report fulfills all the business requirements and supplies you with the best statistical surveying and investigation performed with the ...
- 7 Internet of Things Stocks to Buy to Profit From the Exploding IoT Trendon July 1, 2021 at 8:17 am
InvestorPlace - Stock Market News, Stock Advice & Trading Tips There are plenty of hot tech trends that have investors excited these days. EV ...
- Integrating The Industrial Internet Of Things: The Benefits And Challengeson July 1, 2021 at 4:20 am
To reap the benefits and savings from the IoT, we must master proper implementation. So let's look at the points to focus on.
- Internet of Things (IoT) for Public Safety Market Size Growth 2021 Consumption Volume, Industry Cost Structures during Forecast Period 2026on June 30, 2021 at 1:06 am
Jun 30, 2021 (The Expresswire) -- "Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry" “Internet of Things (IoT) for Public ...
via Bing News