Last week SpaceX CEO Elon Musk claimed that artificial intelligence was mankind’s biggest threat.
So he might not be too happy to hear that a company claims to have given a robot emotions for the first time via a microchip breakthrough.
They say their artificially intelligent machine can recognise, emulate and empathise with the eight key emotions in humans.
Emoshape, based in London and New York, say they have achieved a major technological breakthrough with their EPU (emotional processing unit).
This is the cornerstone of their new Emospark product, a small £195 ($315) cube that can recognise and respond to your emotions – and it even has emotions of its own.
Using the microchip and a camera, either through your phone or a separate external camera, the cube monitors your facial expressions and works out what you like and don’t like.
For example, when playing particular music it will see if you enjoy it or not. This will help it learn what you might enjoy in future.
By syncing up to your phone the cube can then play songs, videos and more back to you if you make a request of it.
But being mean or nice to the cube will also elicit a response from it.
It is apparently able to emulate the eight so-called primary emotions. These are anger, fear, sadness, disgust, surprise, anticipation, trust and joy.
The Latest on: Artificial intelligence
via Google News
The Latest on: Artificial intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence platform wins UB entrepreneurship competitionon April 10, 2021 at 11:08 am
Opollo Technologies, a fintech health care AI startup, took first place April 9 in the University at Buffalo’s Henry A. Panasci Jr. Technology Entrepreneurship Competition (Panasci TEC).
- Artificial Intelligence in BFSI Market Size, Applications, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies, Analysis, Growth And Forecasts, 2020 -2027on April 10, 2021 at 12:25 am
The MarketWatch News Department was not involved in the creation of this content. Apr 10, 2021 (Market Insight Reports) -- The global Artificial Intelligence in BFSI market size is expected to reach ...
- FDA Authorizes Marketing of First Device that Uses Artificial Intelligence to Help Detect Potential Signs of Colon Canceron April 9, 2021 at 3:05 pm
Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorized marketing of the GI Genius, the first device that uses artificial intelligence (AI) based on machine learning to assist clinicians in detecting ...
- Artificial Intelligence Key to Maintaining Military, Economic Advantages, Leaders Sayon April 9, 2021 at 11:53 am
Officials today discussed the National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence's recent report and the progress for the adoption and implementation of AI across the Defense Department. Marine ...
- Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery Market Size to Reach USD 2,127.9 Million by 2027 | Reports And Dataon April 9, 2021 at 11:22 am
Apr 09, 2021 (AB Digital via COMTEX) -- According to Reports and Data, the Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery Market was valued at USD 253.8 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 2,127.9 ...
- Intermediate Copying, Artificial Intelligence and Best Practices for Counseling Music Clients in an Evolving Legal and Technological Landscapeon April 9, 2021 at 8:45 am
Nicki Minaj case, and examine an evolution in copyright law that the recording industry must take close note of—intermediate copying, artificial intelligence, and its intersection with the doctrine of ...
- 3 Top Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Buy Right Nowon April 9, 2021 at 5:30 am
The developments surrounding artificial intelligence (AI) are likely to have a similar impact. And enterprises that use AI effectively could gain a meaningful advantage over their peers. In fact, ...
- WINT Named to the 2021 CB Insights AI 100 List of Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Startupson April 9, 2021 at 4:00 am
CB Insights today named WINT to the fifth annual AI 100 ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world.
- Scientists are training artificial intelligence to count Hawaii’s deep sea bottomfishon April 8, 2021 at 7:40 pm
It takes four scientists four months to review the images so NOAA is testing a new software package called VIAME. The artificial intelligence can detect, identify and count the bottomfish in about ...
- DeepMap Named to 2021 CB Insights AI 100 List of Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Startupson April 8, 2021 at 11:11 am
DeepMap, Inc., a global leader in autonomous driving technology, today announced it was selected for the annual AI 100 ranking of the most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the ...
via Bing News