This holiday season, Lowe’s Innovation Labs will introduce two autonomous retail service robots in an Orchard Supply Hardware store in midtown San Jose, California to study how robotics technology can benefit customers and employees.
Called OSHbot, the robots will assist customers to quickly navigate stores by directing them to specific products and providing real-time information about product promotions and inventory. In the coming months, OSHbot will also be able to communicate with customers in multiple languages and remotely connect with expert employees at other Orchard stores to answer specific project questions.
“Using science fiction prototyping, we explored solutions to improve customer experiences by helping customers quickly find the products and information they came in looking for,” said Kyle Nel, executive director of Lowe’s Innovation Labs. “As a result we developed autonomous retail service robot technology to be an intuitive tool customers can use to ask for help, in their preferred language, and expect a consistent experience.”
For store employees, OSHbot will provide an additional layer of support by helping customers with simple questions, enabling more time for them to focus on delivering project expertise. Applications designed to support employees also include real-time inventory management and connecting with employees in other locations to share know-how and answer customer questions.
The OSHbot incorporates scanning technology first developed for the Lowe’s Holoroom home improvement simulator. For example, a customer may bring in a spare part and scan the object using OSHbot’s 3D sensing camera. After scanning and identifying the object, OSHbot will provide product information to the customer and help guide them to its location on store shelves.
The Latest on: Autonomous retail service robots
via Google News
The Latest on: Autonomous retail service robots
- Autonomous Delivery Robots Market May Set New Growth Story 2021-2025on October 13, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Qualitative Analysis Of Autonomous Delivery Robots Market Revenue Industry Analysis By 2025 The autonomous delivery robots market is expected to register a CAGR of over 49 5 during the forecast period ...
- UVD Robots Move into the Supermarket Aisleon October 13, 2021 at 7:50 am
UVD Robots enters partnership agreement with OCC Commercial Consulting to provide autonomous UV-C disinfection robots for food and beverage retail.
- UK robotics - government forecasts small gains from massive inactionon October 13, 2021 at 2:23 am
By 2035, the uptake of robotics and autonomous systems (RAS) could mean a boost of £6.4 billion ($8.7 billion) in value added to the UK economy. That's according to the government's own estimates in a ...
- How is Technology Transforming the Future of Retail eCommerce Businesses?on October 7, 2021 at 10:48 am
The future of retail eCommerce businesses is being transformed by technology at breakneck speeds, and you don’t want to be left behind! However, new technologies can come with some serious challenges ...
- McMurray Stern Announces Partnership with Hai Roboticson October 7, 2021 at 8:52 am
McMurray Stern, a leading storage solutions company, has signed an agreement to become an integrating partner of HAI ROBOTICS, the pioneer in autonomous case-handling robotic systems. The company is ...
- Transact Debuts Contactless Tech for Colleges: Delivery Robots, Food Lockerson October 7, 2021 at 4:24 am
Transact works in credential and payment solutions. The new partnerships include software integrations with Apex Order Pickup Solutions and Panasonic Smart Lockers for better automated, contactless ...
- Delivery Robot Market to Garner $30.05 Billion by 2030: Allied Market Researchon October 7, 2021 at 3:41 am
According to the report published by Allied Market Research, the global delivery robot market garnered $3.53 billion in 2020, and is anticipated to reach $30.05 billion by 2030, exhibiting a CAGR of ...
- Transact Announces New Integrations to Benefit Student Safety as Pandemic Continues to Impact Campuseson October 6, 2021 at 10:50 am
Transact Announces New Integrations to Benefit Student Safety as Pandemic Continues to Impact Campuses. As college campuses modify operations in response to the ongoing pandemic, ...
- French pasta-making robot eyes European expansionon October 6, 2021 at 8:12 am
The start-up behind an autonomous robot that cooks pasta and sauce for Parisian consumers has received investment to expand in France and explore new locations in Europe.
- Tortoise expands remote operated robotic delivery to convenience stores across the USon October 5, 2021 at 6:00 am
Tortoise is expanding its remote controlled delivery robots to convenience store chains across the U.S. through a new two-year strategic partnership with King Retail Solutions (KRS), an Idaho-based ...
via Bing News