Researchers in bone tissue regeneration believe they have made a significant breakthrough for sufferers of bone trauma, disease or defects such as osteoporosis.
Medical researchers from Keele University and Nottingham University have found that magnetic nanoparticles coated with targeting proteins can stimulate stem cells to regenerate bone. Researchers were also able to deliver the cells directly to the injured area, remotely controlling the nanoparticles to generate mechanical forces and maintain the regeneration process through staged releases of a protein growth stimulant.
The current method for repairing bone that can’t heal itself is through a graft taken from the patient. Unfortunately, this can be a painful, invasive procedure, and when the area that needs repair is too large or the patient has a skeletal disorder such as there can sometimes be a lack of healthy bone for grafting.
For this reason, spurring the growth of new bone through injected stem cells is an area of great interest to medical researchers. Much progress has been made, but a major hurdle remains – finding an appropriate means to stimulate the differentiation of the stem cells so they become the quality of bone tissue needed in a quantity large enough to treat patients effectively.
The Latest on: Bone regeneration
via Google News
The Latest on: Bone regeneration
- Scientists develop collagen scaffold materials for craniofacial bone and tissue repairon October 12, 2021 at 11:59 am
Researchers study the efficacy of bioengineered bone reconstruction materials A mineralized collagen scaffold showing the mineral crystals and collagen fibers. Repairing bone fractures and tissue ...
- Bone Regeneration Boosted by Mesenchymal Stem Cellson October 12, 2021 at 5:00 am
Researchers say they have identified a subpopulation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) that boost the healing of bone fractures and show an enhanced ability to differentiate into various cell types.
- Massage helps muscles heal faster and stronger. Here's why.on October 11, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Study in mice looks into the mechanisms for how mechanotherapy aids in recovery and potential tie in to the immune system.
- Stem cell population identified that is key for bone regenerationon October 11, 2021 at 8:51 am
Researchers have identified a subpopulation of mesenchymal stem cells in the bone marrow that express the marker CD73. These cells have a higher potential for proliferation and differentiation, and ...
- Destruction and Regeneration Thoughts on Torah Portion Noahon October 8, 2021 at 1:46 pm
In other words, the Bible rewove an ancient tradition of a flood to support its theory that, referring to the human being, “every form of the thoughts of his heart are all bad, all the time” (Genesis ...
- Researchers identify stem cell population key for bone regenerationon October 8, 2021 at 4:41 am
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are thought to have great potential in the field of regenerative medicine, which has the aim of restoring damaged tissues. However, not much was known about in vivo ...
- Massage can enhance healing and strength of muscles, study findson October 6, 2021 at 10:36 pm
Massage has been used to treat sore, injured muscles for more than 3,000 years, and today many athletes swear by massage guns to rehabilitate their bodies. But other than making people feel good, do ...
- Muscle Regeneration: Massage Doesn’t Just Feel Good, It Makes Muscles Heal Faster and Strongeron October 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
Study in mice confirms link between mechanotherapy and immunotherapy in muscle regeneration. Massage has been used to treat sore, injured muscles for more than 3,000 years, and today many athletes ...
- Researchers develop new method to predict biomaterial's capacity to induce tissue regenerationon October 5, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Researchers from the Polymer and Advanced Materials Group at the Universitat Jaume I in Castellón have developed an in vitro method to predict the capacity of a biomaterial to induce bone and soft ...
- Global Collagen Regeneration Bone Materials Market Growth 2021-2026on September 30, 2021 at 2:11 am
Pages Report] Check for Discount on Global Collagen Regeneration Bone Materials Market Growth 2021-2026 report by LP Information INC. According to this latest study, the 2021 growth of ...
via Bing News