We recently had to re-tune our television sets as a result of the introduction of 4G mobile networks.
Their data transmission speed (10 times higher than the 3rd generation’s) required a release of the frequency band hitherto occupied by several TDT channels. 4G is a fact, but we are nearing the 5G revolution. 5G network development is now underway to provide a network capacity one thousand times higher than that of existing mobile networks. But, what is 5G? How will it impact our lives and when will it become available? Who is going to make possible this leap in communications technology?
“5G is NOT 4G+1“, said Mario Campolargo, Director of Net Futures – DG CONNECT at the European Commission. 5G means making the hyper-connected, network society a reality, where objects and people are connected to each other and the information flow is smooth and continuous thanks to systems whose coverage and capacity is almost infinite. Devices that learn from our habits and help us “think better”, connect us to a friend just by thinking about it or ensure continuing medical monitoring, will be a reality in 2020.
“5G networks truly are a technological and social revolution“, recently summed up for EfeFuturo Arturo Azcorra, Director of IMDEA Networks Institute. The concepts of time and distance will be almost inconsequential at a communicational level: “When we achieve a flow of information that exceeds what one person needs or can process on a device, we consider this as immediate response for the user”, points out this expert on devices processing 5GB per second.
This type of connectivity and communication has many implications yet to be evaluated in areas such as medicine, childhood or business, even from a legal perspective. It is a technology whose use will combine external devices such as Google Glasses with “chips embedded in the user or headsets whose interface interacts directly with the brain,” so that “this will not be a display showing information superimposed images, but that reconstructs the image itself” highlighting those items that most interest us, said Azcorra.
The Latest on: 5G
[google_news title=”” keyword=”5G” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: 5G
- 5G in Defense Market worth $2.3 billion by 2028 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™on September 22, 2023 at 3:31 am
The airborne platform segment includes military aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), and military helicopters. This segment covers 5G deployment in airborne platforms that helps in tracking ...
- OPPO A98 5G proves to be all-rounder, budget-friendly smartphone worth your next purchaseon September 22, 2023 at 2:41 am
Leading global smart device brand OPPO is known for providing users with overall quality and long-lasting smartphones. At the forefront ...
- Tecno Phantom V Flip 5G launched with Dimensity 8050, 6.9″ FHD+ AMOLED display & a 64MP dual camera setupon September 22, 2023 at 12:34 am
After a lot of rumors and hints for several weeks, Tecno has finally launched its first flip phone, called the Tecno Phantom V Flip 5G. Unlike most flip phones, this one is aimed at the middle price ...
- Lava Blaze Pro 5G launch date confirmed, read what’s known so faron September 21, 2023 at 8:02 pm
After teasing the arrival of its next 5G phone for the past few days, Lava has finally confirmed its launch date. As revealed in a teaser released on Lava Mobiles’ YouTube channel, the Blaze Pro 5G ...
- 5G's Transformative Power: Making Roads 90% Safer with Autonomyon September 21, 2023 at 7:35 pm
In a world where innovation blooms at an astonishing pace, certain technologies harbor a remarkable potential that may not be immediately apparent. Among these ...
- Annoyingly Oversized Satellite Facilitates First 5G Call to a Regular Cellphoneon September 21, 2023 at 10:15 am
With its enormous 693-square-foot array, AST SpaceMobile's BlueWalker 3 prototype satellite is now among the brightest objects in the night sky.
- WSJ: Apple’s 5G modem development for iPhone is a ‘spectacular failure’on September 21, 2023 at 4:32 am
Apple's goals to deliver a proprietary 5G modem are still a couple of years away from becoming a reality, a new report shows.
- First Ever 5G To Space: 14 Mbps Between Smartphone and Satellite Equals Competition For Starlinkon September 19, 2023 at 11:05 am
AST SpaceMobile completed what it says is the first-ever 5G connection from a standard unmodified smartphone directly to a satellite in low earth orbit.
- The CEO of a construction-tech startup that reports a 12% drop in injuries on sites using its wearable smart badges says 5G is the future of IoT techon September 19, 2023 at 9:35 am
The tech startup Kwant makes smart badges that detect danger and risky behavior on construction sites. The CEO wants to reduce injuries.
- Huawei may launch mid-range 5G phone soon - reporton September 19, 2023 at 7:46 am
STORY: Huawei might be about to launch a mid-range 5G phone as soon as October.That was the report from China's IT Times on Tuesday ().The report said Huawei may bring out a 5G version of its ...
via Bing News