Researchers at UPM have developed an alarm system for construction vehicles with a low-cost radar network that can prevent collisions and improve safety in work environments.
The Radar and Microwave Group (GMR) at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) has developed an innovative system based on the usage of multiple radars that is installed in the vehicles creating a sensor network. This system will provide workers with a general view at the blind spots facilitating making decisions and preventing collisions.
The usage of large vehicles such as dump trucks is one of the main causes of accidents in construction sites, some of them with fatal consequences. This vehicle has numerous blind spots due to its size and design making difficult the driving and increasing the zone of collision risk.
Nowadays, there are diverse safety systems for these types of vehicles such as cameras or sirens. However, these systems do not have many advantages due to adverse conditions in construction sites. The suspended particles obstruct the camera lens and loud noises disturb the sirens. To summarize, an innovative solution was needed to solve this safety issue.
Radars are high reliability sensors hardly affected by the suspended particles, rain or fog. These radars do not need light to work and can be used in any work environment at any time. This way, GMR has developed a system based on a low-cost radar networks installed in the vehicle that detects obstacles around the vehicle and can be seen through a screen. Besides, the latest advances in electronics and processing speed allow researchers to miniaturize and to develop the proposed system.
The Latest on: Sensor network
via Google News
The Latest on: Sensor network
- HALO Smart Sensor 3C by IPVideo Corporation Wins Three Spaces4Learning 2022 New Product Awardson August 2, 2022 at 9:00 am
The HALO Smart Sensor 3C by IPVideo Corporation, a multi-function safety and security device that protects individual privacy, has been named a 2022 Spaces4Learning New Product Award three-time winner ...
- Nine and Seven among top Australian streaming apps as Netflix loses gas: Sensor Toweron August 1, 2022 at 3:03 pm
New data from market intelligence company, Sensor Tower, has revealed how local Australian streaming services are trumping much larger, global players when it comes to both the popularity and ...
- Advanced driver assistance systems: Cameras or sensor fusion?on August 1, 2022 at 12:13 pm
Carmakers have adopted two approaches two their advanced driver assistance systems: relying on cameras only, or a multitude of sensors.
- Wireless Sensor Network Market Development, Trends, Huge Demand, Growth Analysis And Forecasts 2022-2031on August 1, 2022 at 10:29 am
SDKI recently added a report on the Wireless Sensor Network Market in its repository of scheduled syndicated market reports. The report offers an in-depth analysis on the basis of size, volume, latest ...
- DEWA uses AI to improve efficiency of water networkon August 1, 2022 at 6:37 am
The initiative enhances the competitiveness of Dubai and supports DEWA’s continuous efforts to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. DEWA uses AI to improve efficiency of water network. artificial ...
- Turn your camera network into a smart sensor system with Edgewayon July 31, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Edgeway is a leading video platform that allows organisations to build and manage networks of cameras through a single system.
- Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks Market Growth Analysis with Industry Trends 2022: Business Insights of Leading Players, Forecast to 2027on July 30, 2022 at 4:14 am
A new report released by Market Research Update is Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks Market 2022. This report provides up-to-date information on the market and also pinpoint all the opportunities ...
- How to set a schedule for a Home automation that reads a sensoron July 29, 2022 at 3:00 am
With the sensor in place, I (and all my family members) could configure Home to notify me each time the garage door opened or closed. But what I was looking for was “negative knowledge”: information ...
- Wireless Sensor Network Market Historical Analysis, Size, Trends, Demands, Key Players Overview, Emerging Technologies and Forecast by 2028on July 28, 2022 at 5:21 am
The Reliable Wireless Sensor Network Market report is an insightful and actionable market report which is always in demand by the businesses for the growth and success. It becomes easy to analyse ...
- Wireless Network Sensor Market Plying for Significant Growth During 2018 – 2026on July 21, 2022 at 1:15 am
influence the idea of wireless sensor networks market based on concerted exertion of a large amount of nodes. A sensor network is composed of a large amount of sensor nodes that are heavily ...
via Bing News