Multi-touch hardware and software company Ideum is exploring a potential future for the workplace in which traditional desks give way to projected capacitive touch (PCT) tables that you use with both hand gestures and tangible objects.
The project is called the Dynamic Desktop, and it’s an idea that creative director and CEO Jim Spadaccini believes will work on any PCT screen.
“Tangible interfaces are compelling, since we all interact with objects of all kinds every day,” Spadaccini tells Gizmag. “We like our physical keyboards and notepads, and the sensation of moving and interacting with real objects, for instance, but we’re increasingly mired in a flat world of touchscreen convenience wherein the virtual beats the physical because it syncs up to the cloud and is more easily shared around the globe.”
Ideum’s Dynamic Desktop is embracing that convenience while also attempting to preserve and extend the tangibility of the physical object. You can put your phone down on the screen, for example, and drag out a few photos to share on social networks or some documents you want to work with on your desktop. Or you can plop a keyboard down and get right to work on a new document while a dozen other interfaces dot the edges of your desk.
You can get a greater sense of how it works in the video.
The Latest on: Projected capacitive touch
via Google News
The Latest on: Projected capacitive touch
- A new generation of enhanced projected capacitive touch solutionson May 20, 2022 at 12:12 am
Display solutions and embedded systems provider, Review Display Systems (RDS) has announced the availability of a new generation of projected capacitive (PCAP) touchscreens from leading touch ...
- Touch Screen Displays Market Size by Consumption Analysis, Developments and Trends, Growth Forecast, Regions, Type, Manufacturers, and Applicationon May 19, 2022 at 9:26 pm
May 20, 2022 (The Expresswire) -- ""Touch Screen Displays Market"" Insights 2022 By Types (Resistive Type, Capacitive Type, Infrared Type, ...
- Winmate Offers Stainless Panel PCs and Displays Solution for Food Packaging Automationon May 18, 2022 at 8:13 am
Winmate provides full IP69K/IP67/IP65 Stainless Steel Panel PCs, the easy-clean solutions for hygienic environments.
- Toyota Dials Up Style Factor on Venza with Dramatic 2023 Nightshade Editionon May 12, 2022 at 11:00 am
Venza is the Latest Toyota to Offer the Dramatic Nightshade EditionTech-Infused Premium CUV with Standard Hybrid Powertrain for a ...
- Toyota Dials Up Style Factor on Venza with Dramatic 2023 Nightshade Editionon May 12, 2022 at 9:31 am
Advisor Insights Personal Finance Market Volatility Retirement Planning Start Investing Save for College Best Investments See All ...
- Analytical Report on Touchscreen Gloves Market: Global Industry Insights with Upcoming Trends by 2030on May 4, 2022 at 9:45 pm
Furthermore, the widespread adoption of capacitive touch screens due to ease of operation ... On the basis of regions, North America and Asia Pacific are projected to be the key markets for ...
- Multifunction Display Market Size to Grow at a CAGR of 9.2% During the Forecast Period 2022-2027on May 3, 2022 at 4:11 pm
The development of advanced sensor systems and capacitive touch screen panels may also ... the global multi-function display is projected to see widespread adoption in the automotive industry.
- AIS New Marine Grade Multi-Touch Display Monitor Designs Compliant With IEC 60945 Standard for Maritime Industrial Systemson May 1, 2022 at 5:01 pm
American Industrial Systems Inc., an ISO 9001:2008, is a certified supplier and manufacturer of 19” multi-touch marine grade LCD display monitor that comply with marine equipment standards for harsh ...
- Backplane Systems Technology Presents Aplex’s OPC-5128 12.1” Intel Celeron N2930 Open Frame Panel PCon April 29, 2022 at 6:11 am
Ultimately, enabling the OPC-5128 to function in tough industrial conditions. Furthermore, OPC-5128 attains a 5-wire resistive touch window/ projected capacitive touch support 7H Optional, allowing ...
- Podcast Series: Innovations in Educationon July 21, 2020 at 8:11 am
Social Studies teachers seem to have an impossible challenge: take events that happened hundreds or thousands of years ago and make them relevant to today’s teens. That explains why only about half of ...
via Bing News