Wanting to replace the medical equipment for taking X-rays, the Mexican Society of Radiology (CMR) created a system of digital x-ray imaging, which replaces the traditional plaque by a solid detector, which delivers results in five seconds. Analog equipment take six minutes to develop the traditional film.
Engineer Nashelli Cuaranta Monroy, CMR researcher, explained that the system called ARiX RAD obtains X-ray images that aid in the diagnosis of various diseases, like identifying bone fractures, kidney stones or tumors.
The difference with this new equipment is that it replaces the radiographic film for a radiation detector, which will provide electrical signals proportional to the levels of radiation received. The digital detectors cointain a device called a cesium iodide scintillator, that converts X-rays into light, which in turn is converted into digital signals through a layer of amorphous silicon photodiodes that are processed to obtain a picture.
A digital image allows a more accurate assessment by using software tools that enable enhancement and post-processing of the radiograph that unfolds in conventional monitors. In addition, control and virtual management facilitates distribution through the internet, enabling processes like teleradiology and remote diagnostics.
The ARiX RAD system is integrated by a computer that performs three functions: first it selects the radiographic technique for the study; then it converts electrical signals from the radiation detector into a digital image, and finally comes the post-processing were processing and manipulating radiographs with special software occurs.
The system has an interface that allows to easily select the radiographic technique used and therefore the amount of milliamperes, kilovolts and the time required to perform an X-ray according to the anatomic area, projection and size of the patient.
The Latest on: Digital x-ray imaging
via Google News
The Latest on: Digital x-ray imaging
- Veterinary Imaging Market to Grow USD 2390.1 Million by 2028 with a CAGR of 4.9% | Valuates Reportson August 8, 2022 at 7:00 am
Veterinary Imaging Market is segmented By Type (X-ray Technology, Ultrasound Technology, Other), By Application (Clinics, Hospitals ...
- Varex Imaging Co. (NASDAQ:VREX) to Post FY2022 Earnings of $0.64 Per Share, Oppenheimer Forecastson August 5, 2022 at 11:52 pm
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer reduced their FY2022 earnings estimates for Varex Imaging in a research report issued to clients and investors on Wednesday, August 3rd. Oppenheimer analyst S. Kalia ...
- Vieworks Wins FDA Approval for Its Newest VIVIX-S F serieson August 5, 2022 at 6:00 am
Vieworks, a leading digital X-ray imaging solution provider based in South Korea, noted that its newest VIVIX-S F series has been authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last July.
- Medical Digital Imaging Systems Market Size, Future Business Trends, Upcoming Demand, Innovations And Regional Outlook And Forecast 2022-2031on August 5, 2022 at 2:33 am
Kenneth Research has recently added a report titled Medical Digital Imaging Systems Market in its storehouse of market research reports. The repor ...
- Varex Imaging (NASDAQ:VREX) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Beats Expectations By $0.16 EPSon August 4, 2022 at 7:36 pm
Varex Imaging (NASDAQ:VREX – Get Rating) posted its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday. The company reported $0.37 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.21 by $0.16, ...
- Mondial to distribute Agfa’s mobile digital imaging systemon August 2, 2022 at 8:02 am
MONDIAL Medical Technologies has been named the local distributor of the digital radiography (DR) products of Agfa, a Belgium-headquartered multinational.
- GE Healthcare releases next-generation premium fixed X-ray system to bring a ‘personal assistant’ to radiology departmentson August 2, 2022 at 6:30 am
GE Healthcare released its most advanced fixed X-ray system yet, the next-generation Definium 656 HD. Leading GE Healthcare’s portfolio of fixed X-ray products, this latest generation of the overhead ...
- Imee wants 'digital X-ray' assessment on heritage siteson July 28, 2022 at 4:39 am
Senator Ma. Imelda Josefa “Imee” Marcos on Thursday said a "digital X-ray" of northern Luzon's heritage sites should be done to determine the extent of the damage caused by a magnitude 7 earthquake ...
- Agfa wants a slice of PHL medical imaging marketon July 27, 2022 at 5:59 am
Belgium-based Agfa Group said Wednesday that it has forged a partnership with Mondial Medical Technologies (MTT) as it has set its sights on the local medical imaging market. The company unveiled its ...
- Digital Mobile X-Ray Devices Market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% through 2026on July 27, 2022 at 4:07 am
Future Market Insights, in its latest research, delivers key insights on the factors impacting the global digital mobile X-ray device market. According to the report, demand for digital mobile X-ray ...
via Bing News