‘Perovskite cells now have efficiencies of up to 19 per cent. This is not so far behind that of silicon at 25 per cent – the material that dominates the worldwide solar market.’
- Scientists from Sheffield have developed low-cost, spray-on solar cells
- They are applied to surfaces in a similar way to paint or graphic printing
- The spray-on cells are made perovskite that produces very little waste
- They can be easily mass produced, meaning manufacturing costs are low
Forget large, bulky solar panels. Soon anything from clothing to cars could be used to harness energy from the sun.
Scientists from Sheffield have developed low-cost, spray-on solar cells that can be applied to surfaces in a similar way to paint.
The cells are made of a material called perovskite, which is cheap to produce and, when used as a spray, produces very little waste.
This, along with the fact the spray can be easily mass produced, means manufacturing costs are low, which ultimately means prices would be lower for customers.
In theory, the spray could be used on any surface that the cells can stick to, however, its efficiency is likely to be affected on flexible surfaces, or fabrics.
The Latest on: Spray-on solar cells
via Google News
The Latest on: Spray-on solar cells
- Accelerated Wound Healing Technology Could Give U.S. Soldiers ‘Wolverine’ Poweron February 25, 2021 at 10:18 pm
THE U.S. military has a checkered past when it comes to doing experiments on its soldiers, so any announcement about new advances in “reprogramming cells” in soldiers to promote the faster healing of ...
- Teardown And Analysis Of A Cheap Solar Lampon February 23, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Your dollar gets you a white LED behind plastic, mounted on a spike to stick into the ground, and with a solar cell on top. It charges in the sunlight during the day and then lights the LED for a ...
- SolarWindow Technologies: Empty Cleantech Promises Can't Defy The Laws Of Physicson February 23, 2021 at 5:30 am
SolarWindow is to Cleantech what Theranos was to Health Science - An aspirational concept that falls far short of the constraints of physics and reality.
- Quick And Easy Solar Hot Air Balloonon February 21, 2021 at 4:00 pm
[Becky Stern] likes to harness the power of the Sun. Most of us will immediately think of solar cells and other exotic solar energy techniques. But [Becky] shows how to make a hot air balloon ...
- JinkoSolar to sign a strategic partnership agreement with Tongwei for project investment and industrial chain cooperationon February 19, 2021 at 2:45 am
Mr. Kangping Chen, Chief Executive Officer of JinkoSolar, commented, "As a leading global high-purity crystalline silicon and solar cell company, Tongwei has always been an important strategic partner ...
- Cranberryon February 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Massachusetts Cranberry Farmers Want To Build Solar Panels Over Their BogsSome ... Lakeville Company Expands Recall of Crasins Ocean Spray on Friday expanded its ongoing recall of some of its ...
- AI enables design of spray-on coating that can generate solar energyon February 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
paving the way for spray-on solar cells in the near future. “This is a promising finding because we use data from real experiments to predict and obtain a similar trend from the theoretical ...
- Sterling and Wilson Solar wins Rs 930 crore order in Egypton February 13, 2021 at 3:47 am
Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 13 (ANI): Shapoorji Pallonji group company Sterling and Wilson Solar Ltd said on Saturday it has signed an order worth 127.5 million dollars (about Rs 930 ...
- National Grid seeks approval to expand access to solar energy for low-income customerson February 9, 2021 at 7:25 am
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – National Grid has filed a proposal to expand access to solar energy and provide annual bill discounts to up to 20,000 low-income customers in Massachusetts according ...
- Redditors Targeting Silver Poised to Propel Solar-Panel Costson February 1, 2021 at 9:29 pm
(Bloomberg) -- Silver’s Reddit-inspired surge to a nearly eight-year high could reverberate across supply chains from solar manufacturing ... Police Use Pepper Spray On 9-year-old Girl ...
via Bing News