A modern heads-up display (HUD) projects a great deal of what was traditionally shown on a car’s instrument panel onto the windscreen, and is becoming must-have equipment for high-end modern cars.
However, as many of us don’t drive high-end expensive cars, we don’t get to take advantage of this technology. That’s where Navdy comes in. Currently in prototype form, the device promises to bring a projection display with voice and gesture controls to any car.
The Navdy prototype HUD integrates with your smartphone and your car’s instruments (accessed via the vehicle’s OBD II port) to emulate the functionality of a high-end projection display, whilst adding voice and gesture controls. To achieve this, the creators claim that the device can be paired with an iPhone (iOS 7+) or Android (4.3+) to allow any function that your phone has – such as maps, messages, and music streaming – to be accessed (or even read aloud) by Navdy.
A built-in infrared camera provides touchless gesture control so that drivers can answer a call by swiping left or dismiss it by swiping right, while the voice recognition capabilities of Siri or Google voice, depending on your phone, can also be used to initiate phone calls or to dictate texts or social media comments.
The Latest on: Heads-up display
via Google News
The Latest on: Heads-up display
- NRL 2022: Broncos cop brutal reality check from Roosters at SCG, Victor Radley head clashon August 4, 2022 at 5:11 am
Brisbane’s premiership ambitions copped a stinging reality check after being brutally belted 34-16 by a resurgent Roosters side that is ominously charging into form on the eve of the finals.
- Cadillac’s Head of Advanced Design Reveals More About the All-Electric Celestiq Concepton August 3, 2022 at 5:00 am
Yet despite the bold and often polarizing design concepts, such as the spaceship-like Voyage of the 1980s, the sinister Cien of the early 2000s and the elegant Elmiraj from 2013, Cadillac’s production ...
- Sophia Pierson Is ‘Soaking It All Up’ In A Black Bikinion August 3, 2022 at 1:00 am
Canadian model Sophia Pierson showed her Instagram followers that she is "soaking it all up" in a tiny black bikini.
- Automotive Heads-Up Display Market To Record A CAGR Of 20.56%, Introduction Of New Luxury Vehicle Segments To Be A Key Trend - Technavio'on August 2, 2022 at 4:59 am
An automotive heads-up display (HUD) shows information about the vehicle directly on the windshield that is positioned in front of the driver's line of sight. The automotive heads-up display market ...
- Case against Schenectady detective heads to trial over fatal 2016 shootingon August 1, 2022 at 5:42 pm
A Schenectady police detective who fatally shot a Mont Pleasant man six years ago during an interrupted undercover drug investigation is scheduled to face trial in U.S. District Court next week on a ...
- A trashy human twist: This man turns doll heads, Styrofoam, debris from Ohio River into arton August 1, 2022 at 2:02 am
Al Gorman has been making regular pilgrimages to the Falls of the Ohio since 2003, carrying home large amounts of debris and trash for his work.
- Sommer Ray Gives Fans A Cheeky Display In Mini Skirt and Black Corseton July 30, 2022 at 4:00 am
Model Sommer Ray gives fans a glimpse of her toned booty underneath a mini skirt and a black corset: "me, you & a 90s playlist." ...
- Dassault's Falcon 8X Can Now Be Equipped With 2 Heads Up Displayson July 29, 2022 at 9:00 pm
Dassault Aviation announced it had received approval to have two head-up displays on its Falcon 8X aircraft with its FalconEye vision system. The FalconEye. The Federal ...
- Dassault Falcon 8X Dual Head-Up Display Installation Certified by EASA, FAAon July 29, 2022 at 10:39 am
The FAA and EASA have issued regulatory approval for the installation of a dual head-up display installation in Dassault's Falcon 8X business jet.
- Head For The Mountains: 2023 Chevrolet Colorado Pickup Is Here To Tear It Upon July 29, 2022 at 1:19 am
Chevrolet Colorado arrives with a single turbocharged four-cylinder, five trims and style, tech and design cues from the Silverado.
via Bing News