TAU researchers develop diagnostic tool for the most commonly misdiagnosed disorder
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is the most commonly diagnosed — and misdiagnosed — behavioral disorder in children in America, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Unfortunately, there are currently no reliable physiological markers to diagnose ADHD. Doctors generally diagnose the disorder by recording a medical and social history of the patient and the family, discussing possible symptoms and observing the patient’s behavior. But an incorrect evaluation can lead to overmedication with Ritalin (methylphenidate), which has parents everywhere concerned.
Now a new study from Tel Aviv University researchers may provide the objective tool medical professionals need to accurately diagnose ADHD. According to the research, published in Vision Research, involuntary eye movements accurately reflect the presence of ADHD, as well as the benefits of medical stimulants that are used to treat the disorder.
The Latest on: ADHD Diagnosis
via Google News
The Latest on: ADHD Diagnosis
- Love Island's Jacques Said He's 'So Angry' At His Mum For Sharing His ADHD Diagnosison August 4, 2022 at 7:47 am
The rugby player, 23, appeared on Thursday’s Good Morning Britain where he discussed his decision to quit the ITV2 series back in July.
- Simon Brodkin on his ADHD diagnosison August 4, 2022 at 6:25 am
The comedian, also known as Lee Nelson, explains how he's had to re-evaluate who he is and what he does after his big news ...
- Love Island's Jacques was 'so angry' with mum for sharing ADHD diagnosison August 4, 2022 at 1:25 am
Jacques O'Neill was still living in the Love Island villa when his mother Janet Wright decided to defend her son and confirmed he had been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder at th ...
- ADHD Online and HealthBar Announce Partnershipon August 3, 2022 at 9:01 am
Companies to provide schools and self-insured employers a broader set of healthcare services to improve the total wellness of covered individuals Featured Image for Featured Image for GRAND RAPIDS, ...
- Yes, There are Three Types of ADHD – Here’s What You Need to Know About Each of Themon August 2, 2022 at 10:00 am
While ADHD can be diagnosed at any age, this disorder begins in childhood — but can sometimes go undiagnosed, which can cause lead to challenges at home, school, work, and relationships. One of the ...
- What It’s Like Raising a Child with ADHD When You Have the Same Diagnosison August 1, 2022 at 6:00 am
Parenting a child is hard enough, and when you factor in an ADHD diagnosis for you and your child, I’m sure there are moments when it may seem extremely overwhelming. Chris Illuminati knows the ...
- As children’s ADHD diagnoses rise, parents discover they have it, tooon August 1, 2022 at 5:00 am
ADHD is really very strongly genetic, so it’s extremely common for parents to say, ‘I was just like this as a kid,’ or, ‘I see him. I see myself in him.’ ” says William Stixrud, founder of the Stixrud ...
- You may have ADHD if you have five or more of these symptomson August 1, 2022 at 3:34 am
Many assume that ADHD consists solely of hyperactivity and constant surges of energy - but these are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
- Adam Levine's ADHD Diagnosis Explainedon July 31, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Adam Levine opened up about his own personal journey with ADHD in hopes of raising awareness about the condition and empowering those who have it.
- 4 Things Not to Say to Someone With ADHD (Plus, What to Say Instead)on July 27, 2022 at 10:31 am
Even when you have the best intentions, saying certain things to someone with ADHD can make them feel worse instead of better.
via Bing News