This technology can simultaneously remove impurities and produce clean gas for heat and power generation from waste biomass
The process of burning fossil fuels such as petroleum, coal and natural gas releases huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The effect of this carbon dioxide emission into our atmosphere is causes global warming. It is crucial to develop alternative renewable fuel sources which are sustainable, cost effective and environmental friendly. These elements would increase fuel sustainability, security and reduce the adverse effects related to fuel combustion. Biomass based fuels is gaining popularity as an alternative to fossil fuels.
A research team led by Professor Mohamad Asadullah has embarked on a project related to gasification of biomass to produce clean producer gas. This gas mixture can be used as a fuel for internal combustion engines, turbine and fuel cell for power generation.
Currently available gasification technologies and processes produce gas with unusually high concentration of impurities such as tar, dust and acidic gases which render it difficult to be used widely.
The novelty of this technology is that, it can simultaneously remove all these impurities and can produce clean gas for heat and power generation. The technology developed in this project utilizes waste biomass as a feedstock, especially oil palm biomass, and produces value added products such as fuels and chemicals.
The Latest on: Gasification technologies
via Google News
The Latest on: Gasification technologies
- IIT-ISM to set up hydrogen extraction pilot planton August 5, 2022 at 11:58 am
The IIT-ISM is to set up a hydrogen extraction pilot plant in cooperation with IOC and other industrial associates as it has been identified as fuel of the future. Institute director Prof Rajeev Shek ...
- Congressional Democrats push EPA on chemical recyclingon August 4, 2022 at 9:53 am
A group of 35 Democrats in the Senate and House are urging the EPA to regulate chemical recycling as waste processes, rather than as manufacturing operations as the industry advocates.
- Sierra Energy Announces Promotion of Johan van Walsem to Company Presidenton August 4, 2022 at 9:15 am
Sierra Energy is pleased to announce that Johan van Walsem has been promoted to President and COO, effective immediately. In this newly created role, Mr. van Walsem will focus on executing the ...
- Waste bioenergy and hydrogen projects awarded £5mon August 4, 2022 at 5:58 am
Winners work in the feedstock pre-processing, gasification or novel biohydrogen technologies sectors. There were two awards for feedstock projects.
- Emerging Plastics Recycling Technologies: Where Are They Headed? Part 1on August 4, 2022 at 5:22 am
Plastics have multiple applications, and they are cheap to produce. But the explosion in manufacturing and consumption far outstrips the capacity to manage them at the end of life. The flow of plastic ...
- UK Government funding for three biomass projects in Waleson August 4, 2022 at 1:53 am
Three biomass projects in Wales have received UK government funding in a bid to boost domestic renewable energy, BEIS has announced. The UK Government said nearly £2.5m has been given to three Welsh ...
- Catax awards €295k funding to perfect carbon capture technologyon August 4, 2022 at 1:40 am
Grant specialist Catax has revealed a hydrogen fuel pioneer has secured €295 (£247k) funding to perfect carbon capture technology that will help mitigate the environmental impact of its ...
- Syngas Market Size Worth USD 81.18 Billion in 2030 | Emergen Researchon August 3, 2022 at 4:59 pm
According to the most recent analysis by Emergent Research, the worldwide syngas market had a value of USD 48.71 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow at a revenue CAGR of 5.9% during the ...
- Top Market Leader – Syngas & Derivatives Marketon August 1, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Air Products provides coal gasification technology with processes such as Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC), polygeneration, Gas-To-Liquids (GTL), Coal-To-Liquids (CTL), Coal-To ...
- Europe Biomass Gasification Market Report 2021, Size, Share, Growth and Forecast to 2026on August 1, 2022 at 5:23 am
Biomass gasification is frequently employed as a ... industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals ...
via Bing News