Bitcoin and 3-D printing aren’t just successful commercial innovations, but signals of a larger societal reset.
Every so often, a novel technology emerges that propels society forward. The 1974 release of the first personal computer, the subsequent birth of the Internet, and the development of cellular technology are all prime examples. These weren’t just exciting business innovations, but exponentially valuable ones that changed society in countless ways.
These “exponential technologies” have an impact that extends beyond the limited notion of commercial success, or even shared value. They allow us to do more, learn more, and earn more than ever before. They transform our usual ways of thinking, behaving, and relating to one another. They empower and enrich the lives of many people, not just an elite few.
Right now we’re seeing an unusual explosion of society-shaping, exponential technologies. But why?
Take a closer look at the technology-powered brands and platforms making headlines today: Bitcoin, Boom Financial, CommonBond, Prosper, Airbnb, Tesla, Oculus VR, Wikileaks, 3-D printing, crowd sourcing, crowd funding, peer-to-peer lending, and so on. Each of these platforms just passed a threshold of popular acceptance, while the value of each one is ready to explode, if it hasn’t already. But market acceptance is just the tip of the iceberg.
Collectively, today’s exponential technologies hint at a larger trend–a societal reset now underway.
Consider for a moment these common traits:
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
via Google News
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
- Cyber Security Market to Witness Exponential Growth Opportunities during 2022-2032 Due to Increased Data Security Needs | Future Market Insights, Inc.on August 1, 2022 at 6:30 am
The global cyber security market is estimated to record a CAGR of 10.5% over the forecast period of 2022 to 2032. Surging awareness among internet users about the ...
- National Asset Management Inc. Has $221,000 Stock Position in iShares Exponential Technologies ETF (NASDAQ:XT)on August 1, 2022 at 2:50 am
National Asset Management Inc. decreased its stake in shares of iShares Exponential Technologies ETF (NASDAQ:XT – Get Rating) by 8.6% during the 1st quarter, Holdings Channel reports. The ...
- Transformation Coach Jimi Tewe On Exponential Tour In Manchester, United Kingdomon July 29, 2022 at 11:15 pm
The Exponential Tour is being hosted in the UK, USA & Africa It is true that life doesn’t teach one to become successful, it takes personal initiative to learn the art. One person driving this desire ...
- The GTE Technology: What Does It Mean And Why Are Tech Moguls Betting Big On It?on July 29, 2022 at 3:37 am
The world has recently been availed of the GTE term brought into existence by renowned tech forecaster and investment analyst, ...
- Executive insights: Dayton R&D company shares key to consistent exponential growthon July 28, 2022 at 4:33 pm
UES President and CEO Nina Joshi shared with DBJ her thoughts on the research and development industry along with the benefits of a good team, including the next generation of workers.
- Consumer Electronics Packaging Market to Surge with an Exponential Growth of 9.8% Reaching US$ 35.4 Bn by 2027 | Future Market Insights, Inc.on July 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
Companies Profiled in global Consumer Electronics Packaging Market are DS Smith Plc, Mondi Group, International Paper Company, Sonoco Products Company, Sealed Air Corporation, Huhtamaki Oyj, Smurfit ...
- Fitness Tracker Market is expected to display an exponential growth by 2027|CAGR: ~16%| UnivDatos Market Insightson July 27, 2022 at 9:37 am
According to a new report published by UnivDatos Markets Insights the Fitness Tracker Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 16% from 2021-2027. The analysis has been segmented into Type ...
- Credo rides the wave of the exponential growth of data even as the economy slowson July 26, 2022 at 3:30 pm
Reserve your free pass now! When Credo Technology went public earlier in mid-February, raising $230 million at a value of $1.6 billion, little did we know that it was going to be such a rare event for ...
- iShares Exponential Technologies ETF (NASDAQ:XT) Shares Purchased by Atria Investments LLCon July 26, 2022 at 2:48 am
Atria Investments LLC increased its stake in shares of iShares Exponential Technologies ETF (NASDAQ:XT – Get Rating) by 2.3% during the 1st quarter, Holdings Channel reports. The fund owned 31,935 ...
- Exponential acquires Elite Technologieson July 20, 2022 at 8:41 pm
Battery company Exponential Power has acquired Elite Technologies & Communications, expanding the company’s position as a leading supplier of DC power, products, solutions and services. This is a news ...
via Bing News