Nuclear engineers at Oregon State University have developed a small, portable and inexpensive radiation detection device that should help people all over the world better understand the radiation around them, its type and intensity, and whether or not it poses a health risk.
The device was developed in part due to public demand following the nuclear incident in Fukushima, Japan, in 2011, when many regional residents were unsure what level of radiation they were being exposed to and whether their homes, food, environment and drinking water were safe.
Devices that could provide that type of information were costly and not readily available to the general public, and experts realized there was a demand for improved systems that could provide convenient, accurate information at a low cost. The new system should eventually be available for less than $150.
The Latest on: Radiation detector
via Google News
The Latest on: Radiation detector
- In the fight to save lives by screening for deadly cancer, we're falling behindon May 2, 2021 at 4:55 am
I know the differences in outcomes we see for patients whose disease is caught and treated early, compared to those at a much later stage of disease.
- Early detection critical to cancer diagnosis, treatment — Elebute-Odunsion May 1, 2021 at 8:48 pm
As Marcelle Ruth Cancer Centre & Specialist Hospital Opens In Lagos Early detection has been identified as the vital element to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The founder of Marcelle Ruth ...
- Low Radiation Possible During Cardiac Cath in Childrenon April 30, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Pediatric cardiac catheterization could be performed with low levels of radiation exposure using one center's "as low as reasonably achievable" (ALARA) protocol, researchers reported. The strategy ...
- Radiation Detection, Monitoring and Safety Equipment Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast period 2021 â€“ 2026on April 29, 2021 at 12:28 pm
The exploration report of worldwide Radiation Detection, Monitoring and Safety Equipment Market advertise offers the extensive information about the topmost makers a ...
- Radiation Detection In Industrial and Scientific Market Forecasts to 2026: Global Industry Growth, Share, Size, Trends and Segmentation Reporton April 28, 2021 at 3:25 pm
Radiation Detection In Industrial and Scientific Market this report is including with the COVID19 Outbreak Impact analysis of key points influencing the growth of th ...
- Using cosmic-ray neutron bursts to understand gamma-ray bursts from lightningon April 28, 2021 at 10:52 am
Analysis of data from a lightning mapper and a small, hand-held radiation detector has unexpectedly shed light on what a gamma-ray burst from lightning might look like—by observing neutrons generated ...
- NASA’s Gateway Lunar Outpost to Improve Radiation Detection for Artemis Astronautson April 25, 2021 at 12:58 pm
NASA’s Gateway lunar outpost will address one of the biggest concerns for space travel beyond Earth’s orbit by measuring radiation levels within the spacecraft with a sophisticated collection of ...
- Astrobotic teams with German space agency to take radiation detector to moonon April 23, 2021 at 8:49 am
The radiation detector is a complement to another scientific experiment riding aboard NASA’s Artemis I mission. That experiment implements similar DLR radiation sensors to female human mannequin ...
- Radiation Detectors Market 2021 to 2025: top Manufacturers, Product Types and Potential applications with Revenue Forecaston April 23, 2021 at 4:08 am
Apr (The Expresswire) -- "Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry" “Radiation Detectors Market” Report ...
- About Radiation Treatment for Prostate Canceron April 22, 2021 at 3:00 am
Radiation therapy may be used by itself for prostate cancer or with other treatments such as hormone therapy or surgery. Learn when it’s used, the types used, and potential side effects.
via Bing News