Mobility gear can be very expensive, and in that regard, the Firefly is a pleasant surprise, clocking in under US$2,000.
Walking the dog, popping out to the shops, going sightseeing … it’s not that wheelchair users can’t do these things, it’s just that they’re a pain in the butt. Or, more often, a pain in the shoulder or a case of carpal tunnel or RSI. Everything takes more planning when you’re in a chair – and if you’re not feeling super energetic, any trip further than a few hundred yards starts looking like a car ride.
That’s why this gadget looks pretty nifty to me. The Firefly, from Rio Mobility, is a freestanding electric handcycle that clips on to a wide range of wheelchairs in less than a minute, and turns them into mini power trikes.
The range is quoted at about 24 km (around 15 mi) per charge. That’s significant, as it brings most of the things an able-bodied person would choose to walk for into range. Taking a scooter arrangement like this lets you enjoy the outdoors a bit rather than being cooped up in a car.
The Latest on: Mobility gear
via Google News
The Latest on: Mobility gear
- Investments in region related to UAS and air mobility testing drawing more companieson May 12, 2022 at 1:53 pm
A Massachusetts-based company that tested a drone at the Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Thursday that can reach speeds up to 100 mph is part of the effort to turn the region into a hub for ...
- ICHS’s Free Tai Ji Quan Program Improves Elders’ Mobilityon May 12, 2022 at 10:30 am
With ICHS’s equipment support, it also teaches elders how to use iPads ... Most importantly, the classes teach elders critical skills for mobility and balance. Not only does ICHS help them build ...
- GM slowly returning to Europe with EVs and mobility serviceson May 11, 2022 at 9:15 am
Autoblog may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Pricing and availability are subject to change. “What camera do you use?” is a question that photographers get all the time, as ...
- MGTS Creates the First Data Marketplace Specialized in the Automotive and Individual Mobility Sector Relying on Dawex Data Exchange Technologyon May 11, 2022 at 6:19 am
maintenance and equipment), and more globally for individual mobility. The MGTS Data Marketplace aims at bringing together all stakeholders and observers of today's and tomorrow's individual mobility ...
- Here's everything you'll see at TechCrunch Sessions: Mobility next weekon May 10, 2022 at 4:49 pm
TC Sessions: Mobility is back, and this year we are bringing together the best and brightest founders, investors, engineers and experts on the future of transportation for a two-day, in-person event ...
- Here’s everything you’ll see at TechCrunch Mobility next weekon May 10, 2022 at 7:00 am
Mobility is back, and this year we are bringing together the best and brightest founders, investors, engineers and experts on the future of transportation for a two-day, in-person event May 18 and May ...
- Hoverboard Scooter Market: Personal Mobility Device Application to Rake at 5.6% CAGR During 2020-2030on May 10, 2022 at 3:35 am
According to a recent report published by Allied Market Research, titled, “Hoverboard Scooter Market by Type, Application, Sales Channel, and Speed Limit: ...
- Monarch Mobility donates mobility equipment to Ukraine after being moved “to do something”on May 10, 2022 at 1:00 am
Staff members at Monarch Mobility are sending much-needed mobility powerchairs and wheelchairs ready to Ukraine.
- Woolworths donates $29,000 to St. Giles to help purchase toddler mobility equipment for disabled childrenon May 4, 2022 at 5:00 am
Picture: Supplied Woolworths donated $29,212 to disability care provider and early childhood service St.Giles yesterday, which will be used to purchase mobility equipment for toddlers.
- Mobility Aids And Transportation Equipment Market is Estimated to Surpass $6318 million by 2023on May 3, 2022 at 9:44 am
As per comprehensive research conducted by ESOMAR-certified consulting firm FMI, the global Mobility Aids And Transportation Equipment market is projected to witness robust growth during the forecast ...
via Bing News