The most efficient diesel in the engine-research world
The one-cylinder test engine in the basement of a University of Wisconsin-Madison lab is connected to a life-support system of pipes, tubes, ducts and cables. You might think that the engine resembles a patient in intensive care, but in this case, the patient is not sick.
Instead, the elaborate monitoring system shows that the engine can convert 59.5 percent of the chemical energy in its fuel into motion — significantly better than the 52 percent maximum in modern diesel truck engines.
New engine technologies are frequently developed in one-cylinder engines like this one. And after being doctored by a group led byRolf Reitz, a professor of mechanical engineering at UW-Madison, this is the most efficient diesel in the engine-research world.
The Latest on: Diesel engine
via Google News
The Latest on: Diesel engine
- New hotrod shop revving the engines of car enthusiasts in Saskatoonon August 22, 2021 at 11:37 am
Hundreds of classic cars are cruising the streets of Saskatoon for the annual Show and Shine Weekend but Saturday also marked the grand opening for a car enthusiast and his hotrod shop. Rod’s Hotrods ...
- Revving the engines for veterans in Marathon Countyon August 21, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Dozens of motorcyclists all helping support the nonprofit group "Patriots for Warriors," raising money through registration for veteran's causes.
- Peek under the hood at some of the best engines of Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion 2021on August 20, 2021 at 4:13 pm
The biggest problem about visiting the Monterey Penninsula for car week is knowing where you should be, there’s just so much to see. We could—and did—spend hours watching vintage cars tearing up the ...
- Mercedes will still provide V8 engines to Aston Martinon August 20, 2021 at 12:24 pm
News of Mercedes V8 models being suspended for 2022 also brings into question Aston Martin's supply of AMG V8 engines.
- Start Your Engines Sale TA Team Picks (August 19th)on August 19, 2021 at 6:33 pm
The Xbox Sale asks you to 'Start Your Engines' and being the good sports that we are, we kindly obliged. We've put together a list of our top picks from the selection of games on sale this ...
- Are two engines better than one? In 1907, Howard Carter thought soon August 19, 2021 at 12:40 pm
Carter’s side-by-side four-cylinder, air-cooled engines could be used individually or in conjunction, preventing the driver from becoming stranded.
- How engines are madeon August 19, 2021 at 6:20 am
BluePrint Engines manufactures Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler crate engines. The process includes a mix of work done by hand and by machines built and designed in-house. This is how an engine is made, from ...
- The Global Diesel Engine Market is expected to grow by $ 38.46 bn during 2021-2025, decelerating at a CAGR of almost 4% during the forecast periodon August 18, 2021 at 3:13 pm
The analyst has been monitoring the diesel engine market and it is poised to grow by $ 38. 46 bn during 2021-2025, decelerating at a CAGR of almost 4% during the forecast period.New York, Aug. 18, ...
- EdgeQ samples SoC for 5G and AI inference engineson August 18, 2021 at 12:00 pm
EdgeQ is sampling a system-on-chip for 5G networks that reduces costs by running AI inference engines at the edge.
- STAR TREK’s Impulse Engines Inspire Interstellar Travel Researchon August 18, 2021 at 7:10 am
Scientists are building Star Trek's impulse engines, similar to how an electric toothbrush works, to make interstellar travel possible. The post STAR TREK’s Impulse Engines Inspire Interstellar Travel ...
via Bing News