The most efficient diesel in the engine-research world
The one-cylinder test engine in the basement of a University of Wisconsin-Madison lab is connected to a life-support system of pipes, tubes, ducts and cables. You might think that the engine resembles a patient in intensive care, but in this case, the patient is not sick.
Instead, the elaborate monitoring system shows that the engine can convert 59.5 percent of the chemical energy in its fuel into motion — significantly better than the 52 percent maximum in modern diesel truck engines.
New engine technologies are frequently developed in one-cylinder engines like this one. And after being doctored by a group led byRolf Reitz, a professor of mechanical engineering at UW-Madison, this is the most efficient diesel in the engine-research world.
The Latest on: Diesel engine
via Google News
The Latest on: Diesel engine
- 3 new engines to run on Kangra valley railway lineon March 5, 2021 at 10:14 pm
The Indian Railways will introduce three latest engines on the 120 km narrow gauge Kangra valley rail line to improve its services. A trial run of these engines has already been conducted and these ...
- How to work with Vault Secrets Engineson March 4, 2021 at 11:43 am
Jack Wallen shows you how to create both local and AWS secrets engines with Hashicorp's Vault. One of the biggest security issues in development is leaving secrets within code. With passwords, ...
- Preview: 2022 Kia Stinger coming with new look, engineson March 4, 2021 at 8:45 am
Kia last summer unveiled an updated Stinger in its home market of Korea. Originally thought to be arriving in the United States for the 2021 model year, Cars Direct has learned from order guides that ...
- Diesel Engine Filter Market Analysis, Forecast Of Industry Revenue, Size, Top Competitors and Growth Trends By Ameco Researchon March 4, 2021 at 4:08 am
Diesel Engine Filter market is segmented by Type, and by Application. Players, stakeholders, and other participants in the global Diesel Engine Filter market The Global Diesel Engine Filter market ...
- Industrial Engines Market Size, Trends, Companies, Driver, Segmentation, Forecast to 2027on March 4, 2021 at 2:43 am
Selbyville, Delaware Global Industrial Engines Market Report added at Market Study Report LLC offers industry size, share, growth, trends and forecast analysis up to 2027. Industrial Engines Market ...
- The CTO of trucking giant Volvo Group explains why the diesel engine will survive the industry's electric shifton March 3, 2021 at 9:58 pm
Lars Stenqvist thinks the group will never eliminate traditional powertrains, even if most commercial vehicles run on electricity or use fuel-cells.
- Testing has started on Gen3 Supercars engineson March 3, 2021 at 4:12 pm
New-spec Ford and Chevrolet Supercars engines have hit the dyno ahead of their planned introduction next season.
- The Price is Right - Rev Your Engines For This Game Of Flip Flop!on March 3, 2021 at 2:43 pm
This retiree is playing for a prize that even catches Drew's eye! Watch The Price Is Right weekdays on CBS and CBS All Access.
- Volvo plans to phase out gas engines in all its cars by 2030on March 2, 2021 at 11:04 am
"There is no long-term future for cars with an internal combustion engine," Volvo's chief technology officer said.
- Supercars trials new 'start your engines' procedureon March 1, 2021 at 7:29 pm
Supercars trialled a new 'start your engines' procedure at Bathurst last weekend as part of a push to better capture moments unique to motor racing.
via Bing News