The most efficient diesel in the engine-research world
The one-cylinder test engine in the basement of a University of Wisconsin-Madison lab is connected to a life-support system of pipes, tubes, ducts and cables. You might think that the engine resembles a patient in intensive care, but in this case, the patient is not sick.
Instead, the elaborate monitoring system shows that the engine can convert 59.5 percent of the chemical energy in its fuel into motion — significantly better than the 52 percent maximum in modern diesel truck engines.
New engine technologies are frequently developed in one-cylinder engines like this one. And after being doctored by a group led byRolf Reitz, a professor of mechanical engineering at UW-Madison, this is the most efficient diesel in the engine-research world.
The Latest on: Diesel engine
via Google News
The Latest on: Diesel engine
- Engines of Our Ingenuity 2819: Folding Bicycleson August 1, 2022 at 10:01 pm
Episode: 2819 Folding bicycles battle new terrain. Today, altered shapes. Posted on July 29, 2022 · On Friday's show: We learn why some residents are concerned about plans to raise a portion of I-10.
- Amid Rising Environmental Concerns, Gas Engines Market to Grow to US$ 7.47 Billion by 2032 | Future Market Insights, Inc.on August 1, 2022 at 7:30 am
The largest share of the gas engines market in 2021 was held by the utilities segment. The power produced by utilities can power local facilities or exported to local electricity grids. Utilities ...
- Gas Engines Market is projected to expand at a moderate CAGR of 4.1%, totaling US$ 7.47 Bn by 2032on August 1, 2022 at 6:34 am
According to a recent analysis issued by FMI, the gas engines market share is likely to reach US$ 7.47 billion by 2032, up from US$ 4.6 billion in 2021, expanding at a steady CAGR of 4%. The analysis ...
- 10 of the Most Popular Search Engines Globally in 2022on July 31, 2022 at 12:39 pm
This is interesting info for users, but for digital marketers & SEO experts, it's vital to know what search engines there are. ...
- What is your opinion on turbo-charged engines? | Car Doctoron July 31, 2022 at 2:00 am
I was thinking of a 2023 Toyota Highlander but recently read that they are doing away with the 6-cylinder and using a new 4-cylinder turbo-charged motor.
- Another global crash on the horizon as the world’s economic engines sputteron July 31, 2022 at 12:15 am
The rapidly deteriorating state of the global economy suggests that a hard landing in the form of a recession or crash is all but certain China and other emerging economies might have to carry the ...
- Turbofan Engines Market to reach a value of US$ 5.1 Billion by the end of 2032on July 30, 2022 at 3:41 pm
In FY 2022, the market for turbofan engines will likely be worth US$ 1.05 billion, up from US$ 988 million in FY 2021. The industry saw a Y-o-Y gain of 6.3 percent over the past year. Sales of ...
- How diesel engine filtration impacts fuel economyon July 29, 2022 at 5:23 am
Every fleet is feeling pain at the diesel pumps. As fuel prices continue to pummel bottom lines, the way to eke out even more fuel efficiency is to focus down on the details–nitty-gritty maintenance ...
- Industrial Engines Market CAGR of 5.19% by 2022-2027: Size, Share, Revenue, Trends, Drivers, Challenges, and Opportunities | 101 Pageson July 28, 2022 at 9:07 pm
Industrial Engines Market Size Trend 2022, Analysis, growth, share, Status and Forecast 2027 | 101 Pages ● Global “Industrial Engines Market” By Type (Single Cylinder, Multi Cylinder), By Application ...
- Relativity Space lights up all 9 of 3D-printed rocket’s engines in Cape Canaveralon July 28, 2022 at 11:33 am
Relativity Space continues progress toward its first-ever launch attempt bringing its 3D-printed Terran 1 rocket’s nine first-stage engines up to full power for a hot fire test at Cape Canaveral Space ...
via Bing News