For the first time ever scientists have managed to use the Sun’s rays to create the same energy that is currently produced in coal or gas-fired power stations.
The breakthrough in Australia means one day the Sun could compete with fossil fuels to provide our energy needs.
Using solar energy, scientists have reached temperatures and pressures never before achieved to create “supercritical steam”.
“It’s like breaking the sound barrier,” said Dr Alex Wonhas from Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
“Instead of relying on burning fossil fuels to produce supercritical steam, this breakthrough demonstrates that the power plants of the future could instead be using the free, zero-emission energy of the Sun to achieve the same result.”
The Latest on: Solar Breakthrough
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Solar Breakthrough” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Solar Breakthrough
- Gene Frenette: Finally, a Trevor breakthrough moment, last-minute drama Jaguars can savoron November 27, 2022 at 5:43 pm
There were moments in the fourth quarter where it looked like the Jaguars might be in for another disappointment, but QB Trevor Lawrence came to the rescue.
- James Webb Space Telescope reveals alien planet's atmosphere like never beforeon November 22, 2022 at 11:25 am
The James Webb Space Telescope's measurements of the planet's atmosphere have revealed unprecedented details of its chemistry, and even allowed astronomers to test methods for detecting alien life.
- This game-changing big ‘brick toaster’ battery is now on the marketon November 21, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Rondo Heat Battery uses electric heating elements, like a "brick toaster," to turn clean power into high-temperature heat.
- At 26.81%, LONGi sets a new world record efficiency for silicon solar cellson November 20, 2022 at 7:09 pm
At the ceremony, Martin Green, a professor at the University of New South Wales in Australia, who is known as the 'Father of photovoltaics', announced via video that 26.81% is currently the world's ...
- Oxygen Evolution Reaction Breakthrough for Efficient Hydrogen Generationon November 20, 2022 at 1:08 am
New achievements of layered double hydroxides toward efficient, stable, fast oxygen evolution reaction. Scientists in China have made advancements in the use of layered double hydroxides to improve ...
- New Solar Harvesting System Breaks Recordson November 19, 2022 at 10:02 am
New tech is breaking the efficiency records of all existing solar harvesting technologies. University of Houston professor Bo Zhao is responsible for the breakthrough. his is a strong case for ...
- New insights into energy loss open doors for one up-and-coming solar techon November 18, 2022 at 4:51 pm
A new method for describing energy loss in organic solar cells has paved the way for building better and more efficient devices.
- Project to increase solar power on Salt Lake's west side just got funding booston November 18, 2022 at 2:02 pm
American Express money going to refine Rocky Mountain Power's battery incentive program to better serve people of color, including an energy fund that would expand access to solar energy.
- Breakthrough energy storage solutionson November 17, 2022 at 9:25 pm
Therefore, to enable the proliferation of solar and wind energy to help decarbonize the planet ... are inadequate to supply energy storage in such a way, e-Zinc provides a breakthrough LDES solution.
- The Inflation Reduction Act: A breakthrough for lower energy costs and climate progresson November 16, 2022 at 12:27 pm
Learn how the historic law will create good-paying clean energy and manufacturing jobs, boost U.S. energy security, and save families and businesses money.
via Bing News