For the first time ever scientists have managed to use the Sun’s rays to create the same energy that is currently produced in coal or gas-fired power stations.
The breakthrough in Australia means one day the Sun could compete with fossil fuels to provide our energy needs.
Using solar energy, scientists have reached temperatures and pressures never before achieved to create “supercritical steam”.
“It’s like breaking the sound barrier,” said Dr Alex Wonhas from Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
“Instead of relying on burning fossil fuels to produce supercritical steam, this breakthrough demonstrates that the power plants of the future could instead be using the free, zero-emission energy of the Sun to achieve the same result.”
The Latest on: Solar Breakthrough
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Solar Breakthrough” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Solar Breakthrough
- Simulated Star Collision Leads to Breakthrough in Nuclear Waste Treatmenton February 26, 2024 at 11:00 pm
Yet, given the relative scarcity of suitable space in Japan for renewable forms of energy like solar or wind, nuclear power is considered to be a critical part of the effort to decarbonize the energy ...
- Breakthrough Advancements in Wave and Tidal Renewable Energy Generation: 2024 Study - China Leads Breakthrough Advancements in the Patent Landscapeon February 26, 2024 at 4:00 pm
This research study focuses on breakthrough advancements in wave and tidal renewable ... of the challenges presented by the irregularities and other disadvantages of solar and wind energy. Industry ...
- This solar module could power and heat your home at the same timeon February 26, 2024 at 6:44 am
European scientists have developed a solar module that can produce electricity and heat at the same time — in a potential breakthrough for low-cost clean energy generation.
- China's AIMS telescope achieves breakthrough in measuring solar magnetic fieldon February 25, 2024 at 7:28 pm
The world's first solar magnetic-field telescope working in the mid-infrared wavelength has achieved a breakthrough by improving its measurement accuracy, according to Chinese scientists. This was ...
- Solar Energy Newson February 25, 2024 at 3:59 pm
The findings ... Breakthrough Research Enhances Stability and Efficiency of Perovskite Solar Cells Jan. 22, 2024 — A research team has achieved remarkable advancements in the stability and ...
- Researchers achieve breakthrough in solar technology: ‘A radically new way of generating electricity from solar energy’on February 24, 2024 at 1:01 am
"We can use solar energy to produce electricity regardless of weather, time of day, season, or geographical location." ...
- New solar technology produces clean energy and heaton February 23, 2024 at 5:18 am
Harness the power of the sun with ECOSun, a new breakthrough in solar technology that produces both electricity and heat.
- Revolutionary breakthrough in solar energy: Most efficient QD solar cellson February 21, 2024 at 8:14 pm
A research team has unveiled a novel ligand exchange technique that enables the synthesis of organic cation-based perovskite quantum dots (PQDs), ensuring exceptional stability while suppressing ...
- Revolutionary breakthrough in solar energy: World’s most efficient QD solar cells developedon February 21, 2024 at 7:03 am
A groundbreaking research breakthrough in solar energy has propelled the development of the world’s most efficient quantum dot (QD) solar cell, marking a significant leap towards the ...
- Australian researchers make water battery breakthroughon February 21, 2024 at 6:11 am
Researchers at RMIT University find a way to replace the electrolyte in lithium-ion batteries with water, an innovation that could remove the fire risk entirely.
via Bing News