For the first time ever scientists have managed to use the Sun’s rays to create the same energy that is currently produced in coal or gas-fired power stations.
The breakthrough in Australia means one day the Sun could compete with fossil fuels to provide our energy needs.
Using solar energy, scientists have reached temperatures and pressures never before achieved to create “supercritical steam”.
“It’s like breaking the sound barrier,” said Dr Alex Wonhas from Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
“Instead of relying on burning fossil fuels to produce supercritical steam, this breakthrough demonstrates that the power plants of the future could instead be using the free, zero-emission energy of the Sun to achieve the same result.”
The Latest on: Solar Breakthrough
via Google News
The Latest on: Solar Breakthrough
- Asia-Pacific Rooftop Solar Panel Marketon May 10, 2021 at 2:47 am
Asia Pacific rooftop solar panel market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 8 4 during the forecast period 2021 2027 Increasing awareness about environmental concerns such as carbon emissions ...
- The Coalition is backing a gas plant that also runs on hydrogen. Is this the future or a folly?on May 7, 2021 at 1:03 pm
A new gas-fired power plant will be built in New South Wales with significant funding from taxpayers. The plant will blend some green hydrogen in with the gas, prompting some to describe it as ...
- What solar pioneer's turbulent path means for Bidenon May 7, 2021 at 5:17 am
The scars borne by Frank van Mierlo's small Massachusetts solar company carry warnings for renewable developers and for the Biden administration as it hopes to boost U.S. clean energy manufacturing.
- Breakthrough dramatically increases the reliability of perovskite solar cellson May 7, 2021 at 3:19 am
One of the materials being investigated for use in making new types of solar cells is perovskite. The are several drawbacks to the material that researchers are working to overcome, and one of ...
- News: Vikram Solar appoints new CTOon May 2, 2021 at 11:17 pm
Dr Kulkarni s role will be critical in product technology development and manufacturing design process development while supporting the company s expansion and achieving technological breakthrough ...
- Breakthrough, Climate-Friendly ACs: Winners of the Global Cooling Prize Announcedon April 29, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Manufacturing giants showcased breakthrough technologies with 5X less climate impact than conventional AC units and are planning to bring them to market by 2025.
- GaN takes on SiC with imec breakthroughon April 29, 2021 at 5:37 am
Imec demonstrate 1200V GaN devices on 200mm silicon wafers for the first time to take on SiC with lower cost power devices ...
- Global Solar Window Films Market 2020 Opportunities, Challenges, Key Players, Trend and Forecast by 2026on April 28, 2021 at 8:13 am
Global Solar Window Films Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 is the latest intelligent market report framed by MarketQuest.biz which provides breakthrough ...
- Gridtential Produces Breakthrough AGM Battery With East Penn Manufacturingon April 27, 2021 at 6:00 am
Gridtential Energy, the inventor and developer of Silicon Joule™ battery technology, today announced it is launching a series of ...
- Gridtential Closes $12M Funding, Electrifies Market With Advanced AGM Battery Breakthroughon April 27, 2021 at 6:00 am
Gridtential Energy, the creator of advanced AGM battery technology Silicon Joule™, today announced $12M in financing led by 1955 Capital ...
via Bing News