An innovative ‘trigeneration’ system fuelled entirely by raw plant oils could have great potential for isolated homes and businesses operating outside grid systems both in the UK and abroad.
Developed by a consortium led by Newcastle University and funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), through the RCUK Energy Programme, the small-scale combined cooling, heat and power system has been designed to provide dependable electricity without the need for a mains connection.
Ideally suited for small-holdings and businesses, and particularly applications in the developing world, the waste heat that is produced by the system is used for cooling and heating in order to recover the maximum amount of energy.
At the same time, the team have incorporated advanced electrical storage into the system to make it even more efficient and more able to cope with the daily fluctuating demand for electricity.
The Latest on: Trigeneration
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Trigeneration” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Trigeneration
- Transforming waste into sustainable solutions for rural Indiaon February 26, 2024 at 2:22 am
A groundbreaking study has unveiled a promising new waste management technology that could significantly enhance the quality of life in rural India. Published in the prestigious journal Science of the ...
- New waste management tech could improve life in rural India: Studyon February 26, 2024 at 12:08 am
Pyrolysis is a kind of chemical recycling that turns leftover organic materials into their component molecules.
- New study shows how pyrolysis tech could improve life in rural Indiaon February 23, 2024 at 9:45 am
A new approach to waste management could help villages in rural India cut indoor air pollution, improve soil health, and generate clean power, researchers say.
- MTN makes big gains in solar renewable energy projecton February 15, 2024 at 3:10 pm
In 2023, MTN launched the first phase of its solar renewable energy project, transforming the headquarters into a solar park with 4.9MW of solar PV and 2MW of battery energy.
- MTN makes strides in renewable energy productionon February 15, 2024 at 1:59 am
MTN South Africa is making strides in its Head Office Solar Renewable Energy Project at 14th Avenue, announcing the energisation process of its solar renewable energy phase one project. With over 50% ...
- MTN SA’s solar renewable energy project marks progress towards net zero emissionson February 14, 2024 at 5:58 am
MTN South Africa said on Wednesday that it is making noteworthy strides in its head office solar renewable energy Project at 14th Avenue, in Johannesburg. The company announced the energisation ...
- MTN South Africa’s solar project progresses net zero ambitionson February 14, 2024 at 5:39 am
MTN South Africa has switched on 5 418 out of the planned 9 000 solar panels at its 14th Avenue headquarters as it progresses its solar renewable energy project. Over 50% complete, the energisation ...
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Course Listingon August 11, 2023 at 1:16 pm
Systems to be studied and designed include combined power cycles, trigeneration (combined power, heating, and cooling) as well as energy storage systems. Dynamic modeling of mechanical, electrical, ...
- The world’s most eco-friendly tourist attractions, revealedon October 23, 2020 at 3:13 pm
The museum is consistently finding new ways to reduce its energy consumption, with a trigeneration energy centre that generates most of the energy used by the museum - which has saved more than ...
- MECH.4420 Thermo-fluid Systems Design (Formerly 22.442)on March 16, 2016 at 10:35 pm
Systems to be studied and designed include combined power cycles, trigeneration (combined power, heating, and cooling) as well as energy storage systems. MECH.4410 Thermo-Fluid Application with a C- ...
via Bing News