Scientists at USC have developed a water-based organic battery that is long lasting, built from cheap, eco-friendly components.
The new battery – which uses no metals or toxic materials – is intended for use in power plants, where it can make the energy grid more resilient and efficient by creating a large-scale means to store energy for use as needed.
“The batteries last for about 5,000 recharge cycles, giving them an estimated 15-year lifespan,” said Sri Narayan, professor of chemistry at the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and corresponding author of a paper describing the new batteries that was published online by the Journal of the Electrochemical Society on June 20. “Lithium ion batteries degrade after around 1,000 cycles, and cost 10 times more to manufacture.”
The Latest on: Organic flow battery
via Google News
The Latest on: Organic flow battery
- Market momentum drives growth of Blasdell-based Gibraltar Industrieson March 5, 2021 at 3:00 am
He said the public company generated strong cash flow that enabled material investments in support ... It said the Covid-19 pandemic has slowed organic growth in renewable energy slightly as permit ...
- Real Threats to Threatened Specieson February 26, 2021 at 9:01 pm
Many activists, politicians and regulators are convinced our Earth and its wild kingdoms are threatened by fossil fuels, conventional farming, modern living standards, and catastrophic climate change ...
- New device accelerates transdermal penetration of drug molecules and extraction of interstitial fluidon February 25, 2021 at 9:44 pm
A pain-free, organic and biodegradable drug delivery patch may be on the horizon for home health care patients soon.
- American Tower (AMT) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcripton February 25, 2021 at 10:31 am
Q4 2020 Earnings CallFeb 25, 2021, 8:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorLadies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by. Welcome ...
- Biobattery-powered microneedle patch can deliver drugs and procure testing sampleson February 25, 2021 at 5:27 am
A pain-free, organic and biodegradable drug delivery patch may be on the horizon for home health care patients soon. Researchers from Tohoku University have developed a biobattery-powered device ...
- New Wearable Device Turns Your Body Into a Biological Batteryon February 23, 2021 at 4:52 am
Researchers at CU Boulder have developed a new, low-cost wearable device that transforms the human body into a biological battery. The device, described in the journal Science Advances, is stretchy ...
- Thin-Film Encapsulation Market Latest Trends, Industry Size, Major Segments and Competitive Landscape Forecast To 2026, Fortune Business Insightson February 22, 2021 at 11:32 pm
The increasing RandD investment in the OLED manufacturing facilities is expected to boost the global thin-film encapsulation market, says Fortune Business Insights in a report, titled " Thin-Film ...
- FSU researchers develop battery component that uses compound from plantson February 22, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Using the organic polymer lignin — a compound in the cell ... Electrolytes are a battery part that separate the negative and positive terminals of a battery. They conduct ions, which match the flow of ...
- IDTechEx Overview of the Redox Flow Battery Marketon February 22, 2021 at 10:10 am
The low-cost iron-electrolyte brings a large advantage in terms of cost, although other limitations, such as hydrogen evolution, affect these kinds of batteries. Organic Redox Flow Batteries (ORFB ...
- NextEra Energy Partners: The Green Energy Revolution Has Just Begunon February 19, 2021 at 6:16 am
NEP enjoys an enviable advantage being associated with NextEra Energy Inc., and it likely has multiple decades of stunning growth ahead of it.
via Bing News