Scientists at USC have developed a water-based organic battery that is long lasting, built from cheap, eco-friendly components.
The new battery – which uses no metals or toxic materials – is intended for use in power plants, where it can make the energy grid more resilient and efficient by creating a large-scale means to store energy for use as needed.
“The batteries last for about 5,000 recharge cycles, giving them an estimated 15-year lifespan,” said Sri Narayan, professor of chemistry at the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and corresponding author of a paper describing the new batteries that was published online by the Journal of the Electrochemical Society on June 20. “Lithium ion batteries degrade after around 1,000 cycles, and cost 10 times more to manufacture.”
Read more . . .
The Latest on: Organic flow battery
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Organic flow battery” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Organic flow battery
- The best organic mattress in 2023: Natural mattresses for healthy sleepon March 30, 2023 at 3:16 am
Read more about how we test mattresses. The best organic mattresses are crafted from natural and often sustainably-sourced materials that are free from harmful toxins. In order to produce an ...
- Scientific discovery could be key to commercializing zinc metal batteries for large-scale storageon March 27, 2023 at 11:07 am
Scientists have developed a new electrolyte that raises the efficiency of the zinc metal anode in zinc batteries to nearly 100%.
- New electrolyte enables high efficiency of safe, sustainable zinc batterieson March 27, 2023 at 8:02 am
Scientists led by an Oregon State University researcher have developed a new electrolyte that raises the efficiency of the zinc metal anode in zinc batteries to nearly 100%, a breakthrough on the way ...
- Health Benefits of Organic Agricultureon March 23, 2023 at 10:51 pm
Organic food contributes to better health through reduced pesticide exposure for all and increased nutritional quality. In order to understand the importance of eating organic food from the ...
- Organic Flow Battery Market to Rise during Forecast Period 2023 to 2030 by Quino Energy, Jena Batteries, Kemiwatt, CMBlu, Green Energy Storageon March 23, 2023 at 3:08 am
Key Players in the Organic Flow Battery Market: Quino Energy, Jena Batteries, Kemiwatt, CMBlu, Green Energy Storage, XL Batteries, Suqian Time Energy Storage Technology Co.,Ltd, Swanbarton, BALIHT, ...
- BeFC Creates Biofuel Cells as an Ecological, Organic Batteryon March 21, 2023 at 6:48 pm
French company BeFC has innovated several years in a row by developing a biodegradable organic battery made of paper and organic materials.
- The Best Organic Fertilizers of 2023on March 14, 2023 at 6:29 am
That’s where fertilizer comes in. Organic fertilizers stimulate and support the natural processes plants use to feed themselves. The fertilizer feeds soil-dwelling microorganisms that then ...
- Organic Chemistryon December 7, 2022 at 3:22 am
Organic chemistry is the study of the structure, properties, composition, reactions, and preparation of carbon-containing compounds. Most organic compounds contain carbon and hydrogen, but they may ...
- Organic Agricultureon July 13, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Our program seeks to identify and address the diverse educational and technical resource needs of certified organic and transitioning to organic farmers through one-on-one technical support and formal ...
- Buying Organic Products (on a budget!)on April 1, 2022 at 3:13 am
No doubt about it, fresh, local, organic food tastes better than anything imaginable. It is also the best way to reduce your food's impact on climate change. Read our article on local AND organic food ...
via Bing News