“If we are successful, we will have discovered a gold mine for drug discovery”
A study by the scientists Xavier Salvatella and Modesto Orozco at IRB Barcelona reveals the existence of information highways that connect and correlate distant sites within a single protein.
Published in Nature Communications, the article furthers a key theoretical field for drug discovery, as it would allow the discovery of many more drug binding sites in proteins of biomedical interest.
In addition to furthering the conceptual field, Salvatella is working with proteins of biomedical interest. “We already know enough to study in parallel the pathways of proteins of biomedical interest. If we are successful, we will have discovered a gold mine for drug discovery,” affirms the scientist.
The Latest on: Drug Discovery
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Drug Discovery” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Drug Discovery
- Nuclera and DeepMirror win Innovate UK grant to revolutionise drug discoveryon December 7, 2023 at 7:38 am
Nuclera has been awarded a Biomedical Catalyst Grant worth around £270k from Innovate UK with AI partner DeepMirror to progress the initiative.
- SEQSTER Launches CoRD™ (Connected Research & Development) Accelerating Drug Discovery and Deep Insights for Pharmaon December 7, 2023 at 6:13 am
Eliminate data silos and streamline workflows to improve operational efficiencySAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Seqster PDM, Inc. ("SEQSTER") , the industry leading patient-centric healthcare technology ...
- The future of pharmaceuticals? AI is changing the game for drug developmenton December 7, 2023 at 1:11 am
The drug discovery phase precedes the clinical development phase during which the drug candidate is tested in humans. It aims to identify potential promising drugs that can be further developed. This ...
- Ceremorphic Life Sciences Demonstrates New Bio-Supercomputing Platform That Can Speed Every Phase of Drug Discovery and Developmenton December 6, 2023 at 11:48 pm
Ceremorphic Life Sciences CEO Venkat Mattela delivered the keynote at today’s AI Driven Drug Discovery Summit in Boston MA, where he demonstrated the company’s new BioCompDiscoverX supercomputing ...
- Global Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery Market Overview, Competitive Analysis and Forecast 2031on December 6, 2023 at 10:46 pm
Global Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery Market in 2023 is US$ 0.88 billion, and is expected to reach US$ 18 billion by 2031 at a CAGR of 45.9%.
- New approach to drug discovery: pain medication with fewer side effects developedon December 6, 2023 at 9:28 am
People with chronic pain are often dependent on drugs from the class of opioids with sometimes considerable side effects. Accordingly, in recent ...
- Ten63 Therapeutics Announces Multi-Target Drug Discovery Collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheimon December 6, 2023 at 4:30 am
Ten63 Therapeutics, a biotechnology company unlocking previously undruggable targets by leveraging proprietary algorithms combining interpretable generative AI and physics-based models, announced ...
- MilliporeSigma Launches First Ever AI Solution to Integrate Drug Discovery and Synthesison December 5, 2023 at 11:00 am
MilliporeSigma, the U.S. and Canada Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany, a leading science and technology company, today launched its AIDDISON™ drug discovery software, the first ...
- Merck Launches First Ever AI Solution to Integrate Drug Discovery and Synthesison December 5, 2023 at 7:10 am
Combines generative AI, machine learning and computer-aided drug-design to increase the success rate of new drugs and therapies Virtually screens compounds from a universe of >60 billion chemical ...
- Global Drug Discovery Market Size is Expected to Reach USD 120,809 million by 2030: Straits Researchon December 5, 2023 at 7:10 am
The primary drivers influencing the growth of the drug discovery industry during the ensuing years are the rising burden of chronic illnesses, rising healthcare costs, and the impending patent ...
via Bing News