Every day thousands of people around the world have their lives saved or improved thanks to someone giving blood.
But imagine how many more lives could be saved if a long-lasting blood substitute could be found, which could easily be stored at room temperature and available to all patients, regardless of their blood type.
This is the challenge a team of scientists at Essex are hoping to overcome with their Haem02 project to develop a one-size-fits-all, third generation artificial blood substitute.
Read more . . .
The Latest on: Blood substitute
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Blood substitute” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Blood substitute
- Donate blood at any of 6 locations across New Hampshire on Fridayon June 2, 2023 at 9:18 am
VIDEO: Donors are encouraged to give blood Friday at any of WMUR's Statewide Blood Drive locations. Learn how you can help here.
- Are onions good for health? What is the substitute of onion? Find out what the experts sayon May 31, 2023 at 11:39 pm
They have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and have been linked to a reduced risk of cancer, lower blood sugar levels and improve bone health. The best substitutes of onion are: 1. Shallot: ...
- Artificial Organs Produce Genuine Benefitson May 30, 2023 at 5:00 pm
To capture this potentially large market, many companies are scrambling to develop an artificial blood substitute. Although the blood performs myriad functions in the body, most research concentrates ...
- Are you a longtime user of sugar substitutes? It may be time to changeon May 29, 2023 at 6:01 am
Registered dietitian nutritionist Carrie Dennett examines whether sugar substitutes are doing more harm than good, and encourages readers to take stock.
- The best sweeteners for people with diabeteson May 25, 2023 at 5:00 pm
It is calorie-free and does not raise blood sugar levels. However, it is often more expensive than other sugar substitutes. Stevia also has a bitter aftertaste that many people may find unpleasant.
- Northfield Blood Substitute Rejected by FDAon May 23, 2023 at 5:00 pm
The Food and Drug Administration refused to approve the human blood substitute, Polyheme, for use in trauma patients suffering from severe blood loss. late Thursday said the Food and Drug ...
- Non-sugar sweeteners aren’t effective for weight control and could be harmful long-term, WHO sayson May 22, 2023 at 3:02 am
NSS, also called high-intensity sweeteners, low- or no-calorie sweeteners, non-nutritive sweeteners and sugar substitutes, are found in thousands ... They are also used to help manage blood sugar ...
- Sugar Substitutes Might Not Actually Help You Lose Weight, World Health Organization Sayson May 20, 2023 at 6:24 am
And if you have a sweet tooth, you’ve likely explored subbing sugar for artificial sweeteners. But according to a new report from the World Health Organization (WHO), consuming popular sugar ...
- The Challenges Of Finding A Substitute For Human Bloodon May 13, 2023 at 5:00 pm
From this we can deduce what is required in a blood substitute: crucially the functionality of red blood cells, along with a carrier fluid akin to plasma (which is ~95% water). While the latter is ...
via Bing News