Every day thousands of people around the world have their lives saved or improved thanks to someone giving blood.
But imagine how many more lives could be saved if a long-lasting blood substitute could be found, which could easily be stored at room temperature and available to all patients, regardless of their blood type.
This is the challenge a team of scientists at Essex are hoping to overcome with their Haem02 project to develop a one-size-fits-all, third generation artificial blood substitute.
The Latest on: Blood substitute
via Google News
The Latest on: Blood substitute
- ‘Halloween Kills’ Review: There Will Be (Copious Amounts of) Bloodon October 14, 2021 at 10:13 am
The newest installment of the “Halloween” franchise, starring Jamie Lee Curtis, is a murderous mess that substitutes corpses for characters.
- Why experts say monoclonal antibodies aren't vaccine substituteon October 14, 2021 at 8:43 am
Despite more than 187 million Americans being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and data and attestations from researchers and public health officials that the vaccines are safe ...
- Why monoclonal antibodies are not a substitute for COVID-19 vaccineson October 14, 2021 at 3:19 am
Data supporting antibodies is limited compared to that for authorized vaccines. Despite more than 187 million Americans being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and data and attestations from ...
- Tired of Making Smoothies? Here's What You Can Eat Insteadon October 13, 2021 at 4:02 am
Whether you're using them as a substitute for your usual breakfast or enjoying them as a snack between meals, smoothies are a quick and easy way to load your meals with essential vitamins and minerals ...
- 10,000 donations of blood needed to get back to normal supplyon October 12, 2021 at 2:08 pm
The need for blood is critical. Leaders at the Central Illinois American Red Cross said they are still seeing an 11% decrease in blood donations for all types. Central ...
- Switching to reduced-sodium salt may reduce stroke riskon October 12, 2021 at 6:21 am
A study finds that people who switched to reduced-sodium salt were less likely to have a stroke or die than people who used ordinary salt.
- Back 4 Blood – Best Weapons Guideon October 12, 2021 at 2:24 am
The best ways to end a conversation with the undead. The post Back 4 Blood – Best Weapons Guide appeared first on Geek Culture.
- Tissue Engineered Skin Substitute Market Growth Opportunities & Present Scenario 2029on October 12, 2021 at 2:00 am
Rapid expansion of wound management space has argued well for the growth in demand for tissue engineered skin substitutes. The global tissue engineered skin substitute market is projected for a robust ...
- Artificial Blood Substitutes Market Growth is Accelerated by Revolutionary Steps Taken by Key Players – Hemarina , Sagart Corporation.on October 7, 2021 at 5:38 am
The report on Artificial Blood Substitutes Market that has been well-curated and designed by the experts at Decisive Markets Insights contains all the vital marketing assets over the prevised duration ...
- For managing diabetes, there's no substitute for proven therapieson October 6, 2021 at 10:12 pm
There are only 11 positions available for starters on a pro soccer team -- and no one wants to be left on the bench when he's worked so hard to make it to the Premier League. But some second-stringers ...
via Bing News