The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes its rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area.
every detail matters for saving fuel and reducing pollution: UPS drivers, for example, rarely turn left, which has saved the company around 10 million gallons of gas over the last decade. But the most efficient trucks are nothing compared to drones, which could completely transform the cost and carbon footprint of delivery.
The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes some of its usual rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area. If the battery needs an extra charge, it can power up directly on the truck.
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Delivery Drone” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
- Global Drone Battery Market Analysis and Forecast to 2028 – Opportunities in the Advent of Next-generation and Smart Battery Technologieson December 6, 2023 at 5:14 pm
The global drone battery market in 2022 stood at US$1.02 billion and is likely to reach US$2.50 billion by 2028. Originating from the need for portable, high-energy-density power ...
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Drones: Fishing, Photography, Delivery, and Beyondon December 6, 2023 at 12:44 am
In the ever-evolving landscape of technological innovation, Drones have emerged as versatile tools, reshaping industries and pushing the boundaries of what is achievable. This comprehensive ...
- Royal Mail’s drone delivery service faces temporary suspensionon December 5, 2023 at 9:49 am
R oyal Mail’s drone delivery service, the first of its kind in the UK, has been temporarily suspended after one of its drones crashed into the Atlantic Ocean on 27 November.
- Flytrex Experienced 7-Fold Increase in Delivery Last Year - IDTechEx Analyses the Future of Drone Deliveryon December 3, 2023 at 11:32 pm
Flytrex is one of the leading companies in autonomous drone delivery. In 2022, the company reported a 765% increase in deliveries after achieving regulatory approval from the Federal Aviation Agency ...
- Cheap and easy-to-use drones are making wars deadlieron December 1, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Residents of Kyiv woke up last Saturday to the sound of explosions. For more than six hours, a Russian attack had sent wave after wave of drones across Ukraine’s capital city in what was the largest ...
- A2Z Drone Delivery Opens Worldwide Headquarters in Torrance, C.A.on November 30, 2023 at 11:33 am
A2Z Drone Delivery, Inc, developer of commercial drone delivery solutions, has announced the opening of its new worldwide headquarters in Torrance, CA. The expanded facility will allow A2Z Drone ...
- Drone mail service suspended after device sinkson November 30, 2023 at 4:37 am
A drone-delivery service for mail in Orkney has been suspended after a drone took a "controlled descent" into water on Monday morning. The drone owner, Skyports Drone Services, said a remote operator ...
- Is Amazon Prime Air the future of drone delivery?on November 29, 2023 at 8:01 pm
Discover how Amazon Prime Air is shaping the future of deliveries and reducing delivery times. Explore the potential of drone delivery technology.
- Plano considers new regulations for drone delivery hubson November 27, 2023 at 3:29 pm
Members of the drone industry say that the regulations under consideration by the City of Plano would be the first of its kind in Texas.
- Everdrone’s “First On Scene” AED Delivery Drone Program Validated in Lancet Digital Health Studyon November 27, 2023 at 6:55 am
Swedish UAV Manufacturer’s First Responder Drones Prove Critical in AED Deliveries, Slashing Response Times and Paving the Way for Future Innovations by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian J. McNabb Ever ...
via Bing News