The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes its rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area.
every detail matters for saving fuel and reducing pollution: UPS drivers, for example, rarely turn left, which has saved the company around 10 million gallons of gas over the last decade. But the most efficient trucks are nothing compared to drones, which could completely transform the cost and carbon footprint of delivery.
The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes some of its usual rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area. If the battery needs an extra charge, it can power up directly on the truck.
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
via Google News
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
- AirAsia explores urban drone deliveries, to offer new, high-tech jobson March 5, 2021 at 11:15 pm
Tony Fernandes described urban drone delivery as an innovative logistic solution that would improve efficiency and operational excellence.
- Global Delivery Drone Market Upcoming Trends, Recent Challenges, Future Scope and Forecast by 2026on March 5, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Selbyville, Delaware, Global Delivery Drone Market Report added at Market Study Report LLC offers industry size, share, growth, trends and forecast analysis up to 2026. Global Delivery Drone Market ...
- Ghana is using drones to deliver coronavirus vaccines to rural communitieson March 5, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Zipline has started delivering coronavirus vaccines via drone in Ghana as part of COVAX's first-ever shipment of vaccines to low-income countries.
- Drone Package Delivery System Market Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand, Trends and Forecast to 2025on March 5, 2021 at 7:50 am
The latest Drone Package Delivery System Market Research Report 2026 contains complete Industry outlook, market manufacturers and key statistics analysis. The industry sales & Share, trends are all ...
- Flirtey firing up production, taking preorders for delivery droneon March 5, 2021 at 1:30 am
Flirtey, the first company in the U.S. to conduct a Federal Aviation Administration-approved drone delivery back in 2015, announced it is ready to ramp up production of its drone delivery system and ...
- Drone vaccine delivery? Agile aircraft reimagine cold-chain logistics in rural North Carolinaon March 4, 2021 at 8:14 am
The coronavirus vaccine has brought attention to the challenges associated with delivering sensitive medical supplies. These drones could help address logistical challenges in the supply chain.
- Flirtey expands production in Reno, starts taking preorders for drone delivery technologyon March 4, 2021 at 6:01 am
Several years after it made news for a delivery test for Slurpees and pizza, Flirtey says its drone delivery technology is now complete.
- Flirtey to certify and expand production of the Flirtey Eagle drone delivery systemon March 4, 2021 at 6:00 am
Flirtey, the pioneer and a leader in the commercial drone delivery industry, today announced that it has completed the technology to certify and expand U.S. production of its best-in-class drone ...
- Drone Delivery of COVID Vaccines: Zipline Beginson March 2, 2021 at 11:45 pm
Yesterday, drone delivery heroes Zipline began drone delivery of COVID-19 vaccines to selected health facilities within its service area in Ghana. “This makes Ghana the first country in the worl ...
- Smart Mailboxes Will Unlock Drone Delivery, According To Valqarion March 2, 2021 at 9:17 am
Valqari, a Chicago-based startup pioneering smart mailboxes for package delivery, believes that logistics is approaching an inflection point. “Once drone delivery is widespread,” explains CEO Ryan ...
via Bing News