The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes its rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area.
every detail matters for saving fuel and reducing pollution: UPS drivers, for example, rarely turn left, which has saved the company around 10 million gallons of gas over the last decade. But the most efficient trucks are nothing compared to drones, which could completely transform the cost and carbon footprint of delivery.
The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes some of its usual rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area. If the battery needs an extra charge, it can power up directly on the truck.
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
via Google News
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
- Mail deliveries by drones to take off, Royal Mail announceson May 13, 2022 at 5:19 am
Drones (uncrewed aerial vehicles) will also help further reduce Royal Mail’s carbon emissions and improve the reliability of island mail services. It currently uses ferries, conventional aircraft and ...
- FAA approves airworthiness criteria for Wingcopter delivery droneon May 12, 2022 at 4:01 pm
FAA pproval marks a critical milestone in the certification process of Wingcopter’s flagship delivery drone in the U.S.
- A sub above? Jersey Mike’s partners with drone delivery provider Flytrexon May 12, 2022 at 8:29 am
The sandwich chain, which brands itself as “A Sub Above,” on Thursday announced a partnership with Israeli drone delivery provider Flytrex to deliver subs through the sky to customers in Holly Springs ...
- Jersey Mike's to Pilot Drone Delivery with Flytrexon May 12, 2022 at 6:36 am
Jersey Mike’s Subs today announced it has partnered with Flytrex, a leader in on-demand, ultrafast delivery for food and retail, to deliver food orders via drone in Holly Spring ...
- Special delivery: Royal Mail to expand drone drops with 50 new routeson May 12, 2022 at 12:14 am
The new ‘postal drone routes’ will improve the reliability of mail services to remote communities, the company said ...
- Swiggy To Test Drones For Delivery Of Orderson May 11, 2022 at 8:30 am
Swiggy announced the use of drones for deliveries as a pilot project in NCR & Karnataka. It has partnered with Chennai-based Garuda Aerospace to operate drones. Jude Sannith checks in to Garuda's dron ...
- Drone Package Delivery Market worth $5,556 million by 2030 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™on May 10, 2022 at 9:58 am
CHICAGO, May 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a research report "Drone Package Delivery Market by Solution (Platform, Infrastructure, Software, Service), Type (Fixed-Wing, Multirotor, Hybrid), ...
- Coronavirus: China's drones fail to deploy during Shanghai lockdown as aerial delivery fleet grounded by tight airspace and flight ruleson May 10, 2022 at 2:30 am
Aerial delivery drones were conspicuously missing during Shanghai's month-long Covid-19 lockdown, even though 25 million residents in one of China's biggest population centres struggled for daily ...
- Insights on the Delivery Drones Global Market to 2028 - Increase in E-commerce Sales and Demand for Contactless Deliveries Presents Opportunitieson May 9, 2022 at 8:45 am
The "Delivery Drones Market by Type, Payload, Range, End User, and Geography - Global Forecasts to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- Drone delivery is giving stadium food a lifton May 6, 2022 at 9:23 am
Drones delivered hot dogs and chips to hungry baseball fans as part of a pilot by Levy, Valqari, USOG and Purdue Athletics.
via Bing News