The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes its rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area.
every detail matters for saving fuel and reducing pollution: UPS drivers, for example, rarely turn left, which has saved the company around 10 million gallons of gas over the last decade. But the most efficient trucks are nothing compared to drones, which could completely transform the cost and carbon footprint of delivery.
The new HorseFly octocopter–a small drone with eight rotors–is designed to live on the back of a electric delivery truck. As the truck makes some of its usual rounds, the HorseFly splits off to make more deliveries in the area. If the battery needs an extra charge, it can power up directly on the truck.
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
via Google News
The Latest on: Delivery Drone
- ICMR gets govt's nod for drone trial for Covid-19 vaccine deliveryon April 22, 2021 at 7:09 pm
The permission exemption is valid for a period of one year or until further orders, stated the ministry in a release.
- Centre Allows Feasibility Study of Delivering Covid-19 Vaccine Via Droneson April 22, 2021 at 7:03 pm
Centre has granted conditional exemption to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for conducting feasibility study of Covid-19 vaccine delivery using drones.As per Ministry of Civil Aviation, ...
- ICMR to study vax delivery via droneson April 22, 2021 at 6:42 pm
The government today said the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), in association with Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), had given permission to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to ...
- People Who Try Drone Delivery Love Iton April 22, 2021 at 8:26 am
Christiansburg, Virginia's 22,000 residents became the first first place in the U.S. to have a residential drone delivery service.Yellow-winged drones with small cardboard boxes owned by Wing, a ...
- The first US population to experience drone delivery gives it a seal of approvalon April 22, 2021 at 7:13 am
The week of Thanksgiving last year, a postcard arrived in mailboxes in Christiansburg. A link to a survey was on the back. On the front, there was a picture that was, by then, very familiar to the ...
- Flirtey implements Kongsberg Geospatial IRIS Airspace Awareness technology to enable FAA Certification for BVLOS drone delivery operationson April 21, 2021 at 5:00 am
Kongsberg Geospatial IRIS enables a single operator to control multiple Flirtey Eagle drone delivery systems simultaneously for Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) ...
- Meituan Raises $10 Bln for Self-Driving Cars, Drone Deliveryon April 20, 2021 at 11:46 pm
Chinese food delivery giant Meituan says it has raised nearly $10 billion in a sale of convertible bonds and additional shares, with plans to invest in and develop delivery technologies.
- ‘This will all begin to scale across Europe from 2023 onwards’: Food delivery by drone prepares for take-off after UK watchdog approvalon April 20, 2021 at 6:54 am
The drone industry is celebrating after the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) approved trials to test the remote piloting of drones.
- UK drone startup sees.ai gets go ahead to trial beyond-visual-line-of-sight (BVLOS) flightson April 20, 2021 at 3:43 am
The U.K.’s Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has given the go ahead to local startup sees.ai, which is developing a beyond-visual-line-of-sight (BVLOS) command & control solution to aid data capture for ...
- China delivery giant Meituan raises $10 billion - a warchest for drones, self-driving carson April 20, 2021 at 12:42 am
Food delivery behemoth Meituan has raised $10 billion in a stock and convertible bonds sale, underscoring strong investor faith in the growth prospects of some Chinese tech firms despite a regulatory ...
via Bing News