Teleporting people through space, as is done in Star Trek, is impossible by the laws of physics. Teleporting information is another matter, however, thanks to the extraordinary world of quantum mechanics.
Researchers at TU Delft’s Kavli Institute of Nanoscience have succeeded in deterministically transferring the information contained in a quantum bit – the quantum analogue of a classical bit – to a different quantum bit 3 metres away, without the information having travelled through the intervening space: teleportation.
The Latest on: Teleportation
via Google News
The Latest on: Teleportation
- Virtual reality has real problems. Here’s how game developers seek to delete them.on January 21, 2021 at 1:28 pm
From battling motion sickness to creating a comfortable, wearable device, developers face challenges on multiple fronts.
- CNN’s New Year’s Eve show sees ‘teleportation’on January 21, 2021 at 4:51 am
An Ncam Mk2 tracking system was used by virtual production studio Silver Spoon to beam Cheri Oteri into Times Square from 2,700 miles away as CNN won its biggest New Year's Eve audience.
- Developing the Internet of Senseson January 20, 2021 at 9:36 am
Professor Rahim Tafazolli, regius professor at the University of Surrey and director of the 6th Generation Innovation Centre, talks about the Internet of Senses as a form of teleportation. “ ...
- 6G could ‘teleport’ human senses says researcherson January 20, 2021 at 6:25 am
News; 6G could ‘teleport’ human senses says researchers. ; The University of Surrey has outlined its vision of 6G and the potential applications for the ‘teleport ...
- New Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies Map Announcedon January 19, 2021 at 6:43 pm
Season Update and the release of a new roadmap, Treyarch has revealed that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will finally be getting its second Zombies map. Entitled ‘Firebase Z,’ this new map will ...
- Teleportation of High-Dimensional States Displayed in 3D Six-Photon Systemon January 12, 2021 at 2:35 am
At the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), a team of researchers headed by academician Guangcan Guo has achieved progress in high-dimensional ...
- Beam me up? The paradoxes and potential of human teleportationon January 10, 2021 at 7:31 am
How would the ability to genetically customize children change society? Sci-fi author Eugene Clark explores the future on our horizon in Volume I of the "Genetic Pressure" series.
- Beam me up? The paradoxes and potential of human teleportationon January 9, 2021 at 3:59 pm
Want to tell someone's future in the US? You don't need a crystal ball, just their zip code.
- Quantum Teleportation Was Just Achieved With 90% Accuracy Over a 44km Distanceon December 31, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Scientists are edging closer to making a super-secure, super-fast quantum internet possible: they've now been able to 'teleport' high-fidelity quantum information over a total distance of 44 ...
- Sustained teleportation of quantum information achieved in teston December 31, 2020 at 8:54 am
Dec. 31 (UPI) --For the first time, scientists successfully demonstrated sustained, long-distance teleportation of quantum information. The breakthrough, described this month in the journal PRX ...
via Bing News