The SOPCAWIND tool is a piece of software that facilitates the design of wind farms, bearing in mind not only the aspects of energy productivity but also the possible impact the wind farm may have on the environment, radars or other telecommunications systems in the vicinity.
It also assesses acoustic noise, the effect of shadow on nearby housing, and applies criteria for heritage protection or clearance from transport networks and certain facilities.
SOPCAWIND is the first software tool that integrates into a single application a complex, multidisciplinary database that accommodates all the data needed for the above-mentioned criteria, apart from the algorithms needed to carry out these studies. With all these functionalities, the tool facilitates the design work of the wind farm developer and makes it possible to ensure that all the above-mentioned aspects are taken into consideration in the wind farm design process, thus avoiding any trouble. “Thanks to this tool, firstly the design process of the wind farm is much more fluid, and secondly, the developer knows in advance if there is any trouble and can include modifications in the wind farm in order to avoid it, which is a key aspect,” pointed out Daniel de la Vega.
The Latest on: Designing wind farms
via Google News
The Latest on: Designing wind farms
- DEME installs first offshore substation in France at Saint-Nazaire Offshore Wind Farmon August 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
In another pioneering step in the offshore wind industry, DEME installed the first offshore substation (OSS) in France. Weighing ...
- World's Largest Floating Offshore Wind Farm Ready in Scotlandon August 27, 2021 at 10:19 am
The world's largest floating offshore wind farm has just been completed off the coast of Scotland, paving the way for better access to untapped wind resources. The Kincardine Offshore Windfarm has a ...
- First US-built Offshore Wind Substation to be Constructed in Texason August 27, 2021 at 6:26 am
Offshore wind developer Ørsted and its partner Eversource have selected Kiewit to construct an offshore wind substation, which ...
- World’s largest floating wind farm completed in Scotlandon August 25, 2021 at 11:34 pm
The 48MW Kincardine Offshore Wind farm has been completed off the coast of Aberdeenshire, Scotland, and classed by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) as the world’s largest floating offshore wind ...
- Giant Wall of Turbines Could Reduce the Cost of Floating Offshore Windon August 25, 2021 at 8:04 pm
The Norwegian startup Wind Catching Systems has a novel concept for deploying floating offshore wind power at scale. Floating wind offers the promise of access to the steadier, more powerful winds in ...
- Installation of world’s largest floating offshore wind farm completedon August 25, 2021 at 7:52 am
The Kincardine Offshore Wind farm is expected to generate up to 218 GWh of clean electricity each year, enough to power 55,000 Scottish households.
- How do wind turbines respond to winds, ground motion during earthquakes?on August 24, 2021 at 8:00 am
As China's economic development continues, energy demand is rising along with it. Meeting this energy demand via fossil fuels is becoming increasingly undesirable, because it poses environmental and ...
- NOV Announces Contract to Design and Equip Two Offshore Wind Installation Vessels for Cadeleron August 23, 2021 at 1:32 pm
(NYSE: NOV) today announced the signing of a contract with COSCO SHIPPING Heavy Industry and Cadeler to supply two GustoMSC™ NG-20000X self-propelled wind turbine installation jack-up vessel designs, ...
- Design for the World’s Largest Wind Turbine, 16MW from Chinaon August 20, 2021 at 11:39 am
In the efforts to build more efficient and lower-cost wind turbines, China’s MingYang introduced a new design that it says offers the world’s largest offshore hybrid drive wind turbine. Rates for 16MW ...
- The automated vessel designed to transport electricity from offshore wind farms to shoreon August 19, 2021 at 7:59 am
Japan's PowerX is developing the world's first vessel to transport electricity generated by offshore wind farms to shore.
via Bing News