New understanding of the genes involved in taste perception and food preferences can lead to personalized nutrition plans effective not just in weight loss but in avoiding diseases such as cancer, depression, and hypertension.
The ability to devise diets based on individual genetic profiles can lead to significantly better results – for example, a weight loss 33% greater than with a control group who had a similar calorie count but a non-personalized diet plan, researchers say.
The Latest on: Genetic profiles
via Google News
The Latest on: Genetic profiles
- Study Using NanoString's GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler Featured on the Cover of Nature Geneticson August 9, 2022 at 4:31 am
(NASDAQ: NSTG), a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research, today announced a peer-reviewed paper published in Nature Genetics using the GeoMx Human Whole ...
- Offspring of Centenarians Have Genetic Advantageson August 9, 2022 at 4:22 am
Centenarians' offspring have genetic expression patterns similar to centenarians and are less frail. Children of centenarians have a unique genetic profile that may account for why they are less frail ...
- Genetic Vaccine Market Global Industry Share, Size, Growth, Business Boosting Strategies, CAGR Status, Growth Opportunities and Forecast by 2028on August 9, 2022 at 2:51 am
The latest report published by expert with the title “An increase in demand and Opportunities for Global Genetic ...
- Bladder Cancer Immunotherapy Response may be Predicted by Geneticson August 9, 2022 at 12:02 am
It could now be possible to predict how immunotherapy would affect patients with bladder cancer and other malignancies.
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing Market 2022 Outlook By Industry Size, Share, Revenue, Regions, and Forecast to 2030on August 5, 2022 at 12:08 am
The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets on Global Preimplantation Genetic ...
- Individual genetic defects lead to heart failure in different ways, consortium reportson August 4, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Cardiomyopathy is not a uniform disease. Rather, individual genetic defects lead to heart failure in different ways, an international consortium reports in Science.
- Molecular map reveals insights into the genetic drivers of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaon August 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
A newly constructed map of the landscape of genetic changes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), a type of cancer of the blood and bone marrow that exists in diverse forms and arises from various ...
- The Genetic Panopticon: We’re all suspects in a DNA lineup, waiting to be matched with a crimeon July 31, 2022 at 7:22 am
In an age of overcriminalization and a police state eager to flex its muscles in a show of power, we are all guilty of some transgression or other.
- Scientists Discover Genetic Clues Related to Treating Macular Degenerationon July 28, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Better treatments for an eye condition that can cause blindness are a major step closer after scientists discovered genetic clues that show who has it. Researchers in Australia have unearthed genetic ...
- People With Extremely Short Height Often Have Genetic Mutations: Ganga Ram Hospital Studyon July 27, 2022 at 7:10 am
A study conducted by researchers at the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital says that inherited genetic factors are largely responsible for normal variation in adult height, but those of extreme short stature ...
via Bing News