A new step toward the perfect acoustic absorber.
Researchers of the Universitat Politècnica de València at the Campus de Gandia have designed and experimentally evaluated in the laboratory a new structure made of conventional porous materials –used in the construction industry- that permit the complete absorption of sound at a wide range of frequencies.
“Our study tackles one of the most important problems of society today from a new point of view: the design of materials and surfaces able to significantly reduce noise. In view of the results, we believe we have taken an important step toward the perfect absorber. And that has been done just by reconfiguring a known material,” says Víctor Sánchez-Morcillo, researcher at the Campus de Gandia of the Universitat Politècnica de València and director of the Master’s Degree in Acoustic Engineering, taught at this campus.
The Latest on: Acoustic absorber
via Google News
The Latest on: Acoustic absorber
- Cheap Acoustic Panel DIYon February 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm
[Eric Wolfram] wrote in to let us know about a simple and cheap acoustic panel DIY he put together. When installing a home theater acoustics are often neglected (especially if you spend so much ...
- Seeing with sound - acoustic camouflage against biosonaron February 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm
We recently discovered that the 65MY old arms race with their echolocating bat predators has equipped moths with remarkable acoustic metamaterials on their wings and bodies. These ultrathin sound ...
- New window system cuts sound levels by 26 decibels, achieves four times better ventilationon February 3, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Home owners, especially those in noisy districts, can look forward to greater living comfort with a new invention by researchers from the National University of Singapore (NUS) School of Design and ...
- Novel window design reduces outdoor noise and improves ventilationon February 3, 2021 at 2:23 pm
Home owners, especially those staying in noisy districts, can look forward to greater living comfort with a new invention by researchers from the National University of Singapore (NUS) School of ...
- Metastatic status of sentinel lymph nodes in melanoma determined noninvasively with multispectral optoacoustic imagingon February 2, 2021 at 4:00 pm
See allHide authors and affiliations Avoiding invasive biopsy altogether, an imaging technique that relies on endogenous biomolecules to generate acoustic signals could be used to detect metastases in ...
- Enhancement of the ionoacoustic effect through ultrasound and photoacoustic contrast agentson February 1, 2021 at 2:47 am
We investigate contrast agents to enhance the acoustic emission. Ultrasound microbubbles are used to increase the ionoacoustic frequency around the microbubble resonance frequency.
- The Journal of the Acoustical Society of Americaon January 30, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Erratum: A Legendre-Galerkin spectral method for constructing atmospheric acoustic normal modes [J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 143, 3595-3601 (2018)].
- Underwater Acoustic Modems Market Comprehensive Growth Forecast From 2022 to 2031| EvoLogics, Teledyne Marine, L-3 Oceaniaon January 29, 2021 at 6:43 am
Jan 29, 2021 (MarketResearch.biz via Comtex) -- Market.us updated new market research study work on “Underwater Acoustic Modems Market“, where users can benefit from the complete market ...
- Acoustic Metamaterials Market, Share, Growth, Trends, Demand, Industry Analysis, Key Player profile and Regional Outlook by 2025on January 17, 2021 at 1:46 am
The Global Acoustic Metamaterials Market is categorized ... and Others), Application (Sound Absorber, Sound Distributor, Noise Barrier, and Sound Reflectors), End-Use Industry (Building ...
- Dr. Joonhee Lee, PhD, LEED AP BD+Con November 12, 2020 at 5:38 am
Dr. Joonhee Lee is an assistant professor in the Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering. He received his BSc from Seoul National University in South Korea. He completed an MSc in ...
via Bing News