Scientists from the University of Granada and the Spanish National Research Council—members of the SCImago research group—have found that, worldwide, there are three major ‘clusters’ of countries, defined by the thematic areas they investigate and that their governments invest in most.
The study, published in Plos One, analysed the scientific production of more than 80 countries over more than 10 years (1996-2006)
They conclude that the first cluster is made up of Western Europe, together with the USA, Canada and the petrol-rich Arab Emirates. Together, they form the Biomedical cluster, which is characterized by its democratic regimes. The governments of these countries understand that research into health has electoral benefits because it improves the quality of life of their citizens, says Victor Herrero-Solana, Professor of Information and Communication at the University of Granada and one of the authors.
The Latest on: Worldwide research
via Google News
The Latest on: Worldwide research
- Which Companies Spend the Most in Research and Development (R&D)?on June 21, 2021 at 11:30 am
Research and development (R&D) is imperative to withstand competition, waves of disruption, and obsolescence. R&D initiatives provide an edge of innovation to corporates for their products and ...
- Electric Car Rental Market to reach around USD 19 Billion by 2027 at 15% CAGR - Report by Market Research Future (MRFR)on June 21, 2021 at 10:49 am
Electric Car Rental Market Overview: According to a comprehensive research report by Market Research Future (MRFR), “Electric Car Rental Market Research Report, Vehicle Type, Application, Service and ...
- Adhesive Tapes Market to register a CAGR of 5.4% - Forecast 2027 - Report by Market Research Future (MRFR)on June 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
According to a comprehensive research report by Market Research Future (MRFR), "Adhesive Tapes Market Research Report, Backing Material, Type, Resin , Application and Region - Forecast till 2027".
- Amazon is the world’s most valuable brand, but Alibaba and Facebook have better financialson June 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
A quick look at the world's most valuable brands may surprise you — including numbers for Apple and McDonald's.
- Disney World’s ‘Rise of the Resistance’ Ride Breaks Down (Again)on June 21, 2021 at 10:32 am
This wasn't close to the first time that the ride known to fans as "ROTR" ("Rise of the Resistance") broke down in Disney World.
- Time-Sensitive Networking Market is Poised to Reflect 53.87% CAGR by 2027 - Report by Market Research Future (MRFR)on June 21, 2021 at 10:31 am
Market Overview: According to a comprehensive research report by Market Research Future (MRFR), " Global Time-Sensitive Networking Market information by types of Standards, by Components, by ...
- Biden's top tax rate on capital gains, dividends would be among highest in developed worldon June 21, 2021 at 8:35 am
President Joe Biden would raise the top tax rate on capital gains and dividends to almost 49%, between federal and state taxes. Only Ireland has a higher rate.
- 'Loki' is the biggest TV series in the world — and it reached the top faster than Disney+'s other Marvel showson June 21, 2021 at 7:41 am
Marvel's latest Disney+ series, "Loki," is the most in-demand TV show in the world, according to Parrot Analytics.
- Joint research centers highlight contemporary China-world knowledge sharingon June 17, 2021 at 5:16 am
An online ceremony launching the "Contemporary China and World" Joint Research Centers and the "Knowledge Sharing Initiative" was held on June 16 by the Academy of Contemporary China and World Studies ...
- Research collaborations bring big rewards: the world needs moreon June 16, 2021 at 6:38 am
A special issue on COVID-era research collaboration highlights the benefits to science and society of working across borders, cultures and disciplines.
via Bing News