“The true significance of this security approach is its potential proactive defense capability. Conventional security systems scan for known attack patterns, which is reactive. Our anomaly detection based on enforcing benign properties in network traffic is a clear departure from that,”
Cybercrime comes in all forms these days. One recent headline told of the creepware or silent computer snooping that resulted in the arrest of some 90 people in 19 countries. Miss Teen USA was among the victims. Her computer had been turned into a camera and used to spy on her in her own bedroom.
On the commercial front, Target suffered the largest retail hack in U.S. history during the Christmas shopping season of 2013, and now the Fortune 500 company’s outlook is bleak with steep drops in profits.
The work effectively isolates infected computer hosts and detects in advance stealthy malware also known as malicious software.
The Latest on: Cyber security
via Google News
The Latest on: Cyber security
- US cyber security company Trellix opens new data centre in Mumbaion May 19, 2022 at 2:34 am
California-based Cyber security company Trellix on Thursday announced the opening of a new data centre in Mumbai to help customers meet their data residency and compliance requirements.
- Short Interest in ProShares Ultra Nasdaq Cybersecurity ETF (NASDAQ:UCYB) Grows By 20.0%on May 19, 2022 at 2:02 am
ProShares Ultra Nasdaq Cybersecurity ETF (NASDAQ:UCYB – Get Rating) saw a significant increase in short interest during the month of April. As of April 30th, there was short interest totalling 600 ...
- Cybersecurity Revenues Climb as Analysts Project Price Appreciation (SWISF, OKTA, PANW, FTNT, CRWD, TENB)on May 19, 2022 at 2:00 am
Trefis, a firm consisting of MIT engineers and Wall Street Analysts, is bullish on the cybersecurity stocks. “While there have been concerns ...
- US cyber security firm Trellix begins new data centre in Indiaon May 19, 2022 at 1:56 am
US cyber security firm Trellix begins new data centre in India - California-based Cyber security company Trellix on Thursday announced the opening of a new data centre in ...
- Compete to Communicate on Cybersecurityon May 18, 2022 at 9:00 am
Cybersecurity is the defining problem of the digital era. Data breaches, ransomware, IP theft and increasingly frequent dangerous attacks on networks are – as everyone knows – getting worse, not ...
- New SEC Rules Underscore the Importance of Cybersecurityon May 18, 2022 at 7:00 am
R ussia's invasion of Ukraine underscored the importance of cybersecurity after Western sanctions on Russia forced nations to be on high security alert for cyber attacks coming ou ...
- Singapore sets up cybersecurity assessment, certification centreon May 18, 2022 at 1:18 am
Manufacturers and developers will be able to test and certify their products at the new SG$19.5 million ($13.99 million) facility, which is launched by Cyber Security Agency of Singapore and Nanyang ...
- Visa’s Michael Jabbara on Cybersecurity and Digital Paymentson May 17, 2022 at 12:52 pm
I spoke with Michael Jabbara, VP and Global Head of Fraud Services at Visa, about the cybersecurity technology used to ensure the safe transfer of money, and why insight from data is an invaluable ...
- Securities meet cybersecurity: how companies can face mounting threatson May 16, 2022 at 6:30 am
Roger E. Barton and Kenneth N. Rashbaum of Barton LLP discuss the Securities and Exchange Commission's proposed new rules directed at public companies, registered investment advisors and investment ...
- Why Organizations Need To Prepare For Cybersecurity Risks Greater Than Stolen Dataon May 16, 2022 at 5:00 am
No longer content to simply hold corporations hostage until ransom demands are met, cybercriminals are increasingly attacking networks that keep us safe.
via Bing News