“The true significance of this security approach is its potential proactive defense capability. Conventional security systems scan for known attack patterns, which is reactive. Our anomaly detection based on enforcing benign properties in network traffic is a clear departure from that,”
Cybercrime comes in all forms these days. One recent headline told of the creepware or silent computer snooping that resulted in the arrest of some 90 people in 19 countries. Miss Teen USA was among the victims. Her computer had been turned into a camera and used to spy on her in her own bedroom.
On the commercial front, Target suffered the largest retail hack in U.S. history during the Christmas shopping season of 2013, and now the Fortune 500 company’s outlook is bleak with steep drops in profits.
The work effectively isolates infected computer hosts and detects in advance stealthy malware also known as malicious software.
The Latest on: Cyber security
via Google News
The Latest on: Cyber security
- Cyber Security fight: Ghana Baptist University College sets up forensic laboratories to train peopleon April 11, 2021 at 7:15 pm
The Ghana Baptist University College (GBUC) has inaugurated Cyber Security and Forensic laboratories to help fight Cyberthreat by training people in various organizations. The facility will teach ...
- ATO to lose its cyber security chiefon April 11, 2021 at 6:31 pm
Norton joined the national revenue agency from NEC Australia, where he spent three years as its head of cyber security. Prior to that, he spent six years at cyber security firms Tenable and Check ...
- Grambling graduate getting Louisiana’s 1st cybersecurity degreeon April 11, 2021 at 12:40 pm
A Grambling State University student is about to get Louisiana’s first bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity. Alexis White of Arcadia already has a degree in biology. She earned it in 2018, the same year ...
- Talon: An Israeli Cybersecurity Company For The Post-Covid Workforce Scores Massive $26 Million Seed Fundingon April 11, 2021 at 12:00 am
The company doesn’t even have a complete product, but it’s scored what it claims is Israel’s biggest ever seed round.
- U.K. National Cyber Security Centre Recognizes Universities Offering Top Cybersecurity Educationon April 10, 2021 at 3:00 am
Ten universities around the U.K. have become the latest to receive official recognition for their postgraduate degrees in cybersecurity from the country’s leading experts. The institutions were ...
- Biden budget request calls for major investments in cybersecurity, emerging technologieson April 9, 2021 at 8:13 am
President Biden called for over $1.3 billion in cybersecurity funds as part of his proposed budget request sent to Congress on Friday, along with major investments in emerging technologies such as qua ...
- Women Are Facing an Economic Crisis & the Cybersecurity Industry Can Helpon April 9, 2021 at 7:03 am
Investing in women's cybersecurity careers can bring enormous benefits and help undo some of the significant economic damage wrought by the pandemic.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence to Power the Next Generation of Cyber Securityon April 9, 2021 at 4:50 am
Cyber threat intelligence (CTI) is a collection of data, information, and knowledge about past, present, and future cyberattacks. It is the cornerstone of mature cyber defense programs and a ...
- North American Cyber Security Market Report 2019: By Key Players, Application, Type, Market Share, Forecast to 2025on April 9, 2021 at 3:57 am
North American Cyber Security market is growing at a CAGR of around 9.9% during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the major economies in the region. North American cyber security market is ...
- Global Cyber Security Insurance Market Report 2021: Universal Growth, Potential Applications, Vendor Landscape 2027on April 9, 2021 at 2:06 am
Apr 09, 2021 (The Expresswire) -- "Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry" Global “Cyber Security Insurance ...
via Bing News