“By tuning the sound waves, we can create any pattern we want on the surface of a microchip,”
In a breakthrough discovery, researchers at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia, have harnessed the power of sound waves to enable precision micro- and nano-manufacturing.
The researchers have demonstrated how high-frequency sound waves can be used to precisely control the spread of thin film fluid along a specially-designed chip, in a paper published today in Proceedings of the Royal Society A.
With thin film technology the bedrock of microchip and microstructure manufacturing, the pioneering research offers a significant advance – potential applications range from thin film coatings for paint and wound care to 3D printing, micro-casting and micro-fluidics.
Professor James Friend, Director of the MicroNano Research Facility at RMIT, said the researchers had developed a portable system for precise, fast and unconventional micro- and nano-fabrication.
“By tuning the sound waves, we can create any pattern we want on the surface of a microchip,” Professor Friend said.
Read more . . .
The Latest on: Micro-manufacturing
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Micro-manufacturing” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Micro-manufacturing
- Lucy Scientific Discovery to Present at the LD Micro Invitational XIII Conference on June 7on June 6, 2023 at 6:00 am
Lucy Scientific Discovery Inc. (NASDAQ: LSDI), a leader in natural and synthetic psychedelic drug development, today announced that management is scheduled to participate in the LD Micro Invitational ...
- Andhra Pradesh To Handhold MSMEs From Manufacturing To Marketing, Says CM Jagan Reddyon June 5, 2023 at 11:30 pm
During a review meeting held on Monday, the Chief Minister instructed officials to develop the necessary skills among the youth to support the export-oriented goals of MSMEs.
- Manufacturing Newson June 5, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Showcase your company news with guaranteed exposure both in print and online Diversity, equity & inclusion are not just features of a strong workplace & healthy culture-they play… Join us for ...
- Milwaukee Manufacturing Newson June 5, 2023 at 10:25 am
Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, a nationally recognized owner and management company and division of The Marcus… At U.S. Bank, we recognize that financial matters can be intimidating, particularly ...
- Dexter Robot Arm Embraces New Manufacturing With First Micro-Factoryon June 4, 2023 at 5:00 pm
The micro-factory model licenses this technology ... although the team is not sure what their role there will be. And back on the manufacturing automation front, Haddington Dynamics is working ...
- Super Micro Computer: Time To Take Profits (Rating Downgrade)on June 2, 2023 at 10:08 am
Summary SMCI is benefiting as a key supplier of high-performance servers capable of running the latest generation of AI chips.Near-term manufacturing constraints and logistical bottlenecks could limit ...
- Why Advanced Micro Devices, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, and Dell Technologies Plunged Todayon May 31, 2023 at 1:55 pm
Founded in 1993 by brothers Tom and David Gardner, The Motley Fool helps millions of people attain financial freedom through our website, podcasts, books, newspaper column, radio show, and premium ...
- 2023 Furniture Manufacturing Expo: Must Attend Event For Furniture Manufacturerson May 31, 2023 at 8:00 am
The Furniture Manufacturing Expo returns to the Hickory Metro Convention Center in Hickory, N.C., July 19-20, 2023. The event gathers suppliers of solutions — including equipment and machinery, ...
- Employing Hermetic Glass Micro Bonding for Medical Miniaturizationon May 30, 2023 at 5:00 pm
This one-step manufacturing process does not require any type of adhesive or additive materials and forms a true direct hermetic seal between the glass wafers. The extremely small and isolated area ...
- IQE, Mojo Vision advance RGB and blue micro-LED developmenton May 30, 2023 at 8:10 am
Two developers of novel micro-LEDs are claiming separate manufacturing breakthroughs for display applications, with the potential to advance mass production of the emerging technology. IQE, the ...
via Bing News