University researchers have developed a low cost device that can be adapted to different types of vehicles, allowing the movement and transport of loads in complex spaces without the need for drivers.
This system is ideal for transporting materials in warehouses where it is necessary to make a continuous passage of goods between different points.
The technology, designed by researchers from the UA Research Group in Signals, Systems and Telecommunication, allows the vehicles to be programmed to travel independently, without human intervention, by mapping and pinpointing the area through various sensors such as laser and machine vision systems. This allows for the reconstruction of the area and the identification of possible moving objects. It also reckons the optimal path to reach a certain point, avoiding potential obstacles through reinforcement learning techniques.
The Latest on: Autonomous transportation
via Google News
The Latest on: Autonomous transportation
- Velodyne Showcases Advanced Lidar and Software Solutions for Intelligent Transportation Systems and Mobile Applications at IAA Mobilityon September 3, 2021 at 5:20 am
Velodyne Showcases Advanced Lidar and Software Solutions for Intelligent Transportation Systems and Mobile Applications at IAA Mobility ...
- The BEAC will help the Jewish Autonomous Region to transform priority sectors of the economy and social sphereon September 3, 2021 at 1:28 am
At the Eastern Economic Forum, the Beac and the Government of the Jewish Autonomous Region signed a cooperation agreement.
- Local Motors and AutoGuardian By SmartCone announce a strategic partnership to expand deployment and safe operations of the autonomous vehicle, Ollion September 2, 2021 at 8:22 am
AutoGuardian By SmartCone (AutoGuardian), an Ontario-based intelligent mobility solutions provider, and Local Motors, a leader in the design, manufacturing, and deployment of autonomous vehicles, ...
- Why the UN climate change report renews the need for autonomous vehicleson September 1, 2021 at 2:50 am
AVs have the potential to fix a major transportation issue; traffic jams. The time cars spend stuck in gridlock could be drastically reduced thanks to deliberative architecture software that allows ...
- Hyundai Ioniq 5 Robotxi by Montional to Begin Autonomous Passenger Transport in 2023 in Partnership with Lyfton September 1, 2021 at 2:00 am
Autonomous vehicle technology has taken center stage as Motional shows off its new robotaxi, which was created in partnership with Hyundai.
- Top 5 autonomous car roadblockson August 31, 2021 at 1:06 pm
Tom Merritt tells us the things that are getting in the way of autonomous car adoption. Someday we will live in a wonderland of cars that drive themselves. You'll walk out the door, the car will ...
- Gatik expands autonomous box truck operations to Texas with $85 million in new fundson August 31, 2021 at 4:00 am
In the two years since Gatik AI came out of stealth, the autonomous vehicle startup has launched pilots with Walmart and Canadian retail giant Loblaw in its bid to prove that self-driving technology ...
- As part of 'Smart City' effort, Racine to test autonomous Badger shuttleson August 27, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Autonomous shuttles could be making test runs in and around Gateway Technical College’s Racine campus as early as fall after partners on the project selected Perrone Robotics Inc. to participate in ...
- Building A CASE For Connected And Autonomous Vehicles With 5G Connectivityon August 27, 2021 at 11:15 am
Mobile, we’re helping build the connected infrastructure that the automotive industry will need to move data and realize this vision for the future—connected and autonomous vehicles on a nationwide 5G ...
- FDOT Secretary says electric, autonomous vehicles will accelerate changes to workforceon August 26, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Florida Department of Transportation Secretary Kevin Thibault says growth in autonomous and electrical vehicle technology will impact not only Florida’s roadways, but its univer ...
via Bing News