When the forestry machines have finished extracting timber, what is left are tops and branches – waste which cannot be used. However, according to researchers, it is possible to turn these heaps of lopwood into high-quality charcoal.
Branches, tops, lopwood and brushwood that are left in felled areas after the timber has been extracted are now set to become more than just an irritation to hikers and berry-pickers. The aim is to turn these heaps of lopwood into the purest possible biocarbon. That’s charcoal, to you and me.
So the raw material, known in the trade as brash, is now being put under the microscope.
SINTEF Senior Researcher Øyvind Skreiberg isn’t holding back. “This could revolutionise Norwegian bio-energy production”, he says.
The Latest on: Bioenergy
via Google News
The Latest on: Bioenergy
- Biomass Fuel Ethanol Market - Rapid Growth At Deep Value Price: Flint Hills Resource, Abengoa Bioenergy, POETon November 29, 2021 at 8:29 am
The key players in the market are Flint Hills Resource, Abengoa Bioenergy SA, POET LLC, The Andersons, Royal Dutch Shell plc, Valero Energy Corporation, Aventine Renewable Energy HoldingsInc., Archer ...
- Bioenergy Sustainability Review: Untie our feet so we can run a good raceon November 29, 2021 at 7:00 am
The current Bioenergy Sustainability Policy review needs to ensure clear and workable definitions, a risk-based approach, adequate time and the right level of regulatory certainty if the bioenergy ...
- Bioenergy: Friendly Fungi Boost Growth for Biofuel Sourceon November 28, 2021 at 11:38 am
An Oak Ridge National Laboratory team has successfully introduced a poplar gene into switchgrass, an important biofuel source, that allows switchgrass to interact with a beneficial fungus, ultimately ...
- Why Is Ukraine Ignoring Its Massive Bioenergy Potential?on November 25, 2021 at 9:00 am
Bioenergy offers a promising alternative in Ukraine, especially as natural gas prices continue to surge, but the transition may be easier said than done ...
- Sustainable Bioenergy Market Cumulative Impact for COVID-19 Recovery Research Report 2021on November 24, 2021 at 11:06 pm
Nov 24, 2021 (Heraldkeepers) -- The global Sustainable Bioenergy market report provides geographic analysis covering regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World.
- Delorean secures $40m bioenergy contracton November 23, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Delorean Corporation has been selected to lead the construction of one of Victoria’s largest food waste-to-energy plants as part of a contract worth at least $40 million.
- Bioenergy Market Projected to Hit $217.8 Billion by 2030on November 21, 2021 at 11:53 pm
Bioenergy Market Rise in concern toward reducing carbon emissions and surge in demand for electricity consumption drive the growth of the ...
- At long last, Australia has a bioenergy roadmap – and its findings are startlingon November 21, 2021 at 8:56 pm
Bernadette was a Director on the Board of Bioenergy Australia (2017-2019) and is a current member of this organisation. Since 2016, Ian O'Hara has been appointed by the Queensland Government as ...
- Bioenergy could provide up to 20pc of our total energy by 2050 – and this company’s got a headstarton November 21, 2021 at 3:11 am
By the start of the next decade Australia’s bioenergy sector could contribute around $10 billion to the nation’s GDP annually.
- Big bioenergy boost ‘to fuel a $10bn boom’on November 18, 2021 at 3:08 am
A domestic bioenergy and green fuels boom would boost the economy by 10bn, slash 9 per cent of emissions and add 27 days of fuel reserves by the 2030s, with the Australian Renewable Energy Agency ...
via Bing News