Many chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, can disrupt not only the human body’s reproductive hormones but also the glucocorticoid and thyroid hormone receptors, which are necessary to maintain good health, a new study finds.
“Among the chemicals that the fracking industry has reported using most often, all 24 that we have tested block the activity of one or more important hormone receptors,” said the study’s presenting author, Christopher Kassotis, a PhD student at the University of Missouri, Columbia. “The high levels of hormone disruption by endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs) that we measured, have been associated with many poor health outcomes, such as infertility, cancer and birth defects.”
The Latest on: Fracking
via Google News
The Latest on: Fracking
- 'Officials are expected to publish a review by the British Geological Survey of evidence on fracking'on September 20, 2022 at 9:32 am
Having just been installed as Prime Minister, we would have ordinarily expected Liz Truss to come forward with a flurry of announcements, but those plans were put on hold until this week. Parliament ...
- Fracking in West Sussex 'would be a hideous mistake'on September 20, 2022 at 2:40 am
Allowing fracking in the beautiful West Sussex countryside would be a 'hideous mistake’ campaigners have warned.
- In a win for Traditional Owners, Origin is walking away from the Beetaloo Basin. But the fight against fracking is not overon September 19, 2022 at 10:47 pm
It’s great news Origin is walking away from fracking and gas. But other companies are still keen to frack the Beetaloo despite climate and environment concerns.
- Delaware basin fracking ban to continueon September 19, 2022 at 9:17 am
An attempt by state lawmakers to overturn a ban on fracking in part of Pennsylvania has failed in a federal appeals court. The lawmakers, led by Sen. Lisa Baker and Sen. Gene Yaw, sued to reverse a ...
- Fracking won’t solve energy crisis and could cause ‘serious’ damage, watchdog warnson September 19, 2022 at 7:17 am
Fracking won’t solve energy crisis and could cause ‘serious’ damage, watchdog warns - Liz Truss urged to ‘look at the facts’ – just days before she is expected to lift three-year ban on drilling for s ...
- Australian Energy Giant Dumps Major Fracking Projecton September 19, 2022 at 12:20 am
One of Australia's top energy producers said on Monday it would sell its stake in a major fracking project that has come under criticism from environmental and Indigenous groups.
- Concerns renewed about fracking in the Cotswoldson September 17, 2022 at 1:35 am
Liz Truss' pledge to lift the nationwide ban on fracking has sparked concern across Gloucestershire.Leaders in the Cotswolds and Forest of Dean have said they are "alarmed" and want to make it clear ...
- Removal of fracking ban prompts concern in the Cotswoldson September 17, 2022 at 1:35 am
Liz Truss' pledge to lift the nationwide ban on fracking has sparked concern across Gloucestershire. Leaders in the Cotswolds and Forest of Dean have said they are "alarmed" and want to make it clear ...
- Fracking ban challenge by Pa. Republican caucus rejectedon September 16, 2022 at 12:41 pm
Pennsylvania Republicans aiming to overturn a ban on hydraulic fracturing in the Delaware River Basin fundamentally misconstrued state law guaranteeing the right to clean air and water, a federal ...
- Key fracking report finds ‘forecasting earthquakes remains challenge’on September 16, 2022 at 1:19 am
The government is set to lift the ban on fracking despite a leaked scientific review that acknowledges that forecasting drilling-induced earthquakes “remains a scientific challenge”. The key report by ...
via Bing News