You wouldn’t think that mechanical force — the simple kind used to eject unruly patrons from bars, shoe a horse or emboss the raised numerals on credit cards — could process nanoparticles more subtly than the most advanced chemistry.
Their newly patented and original method uses simple pressure — a kind of high-tech embossing — to produce finer and cleaner results in forming silver nanostructures than do chemical methods, which are not only inflexible in their results but leave harmful byproducts to dispose of.
Fan calls his approach “a simple stress-based fabrication method” that, when applied to nanoparticle arrays, forms new nanostructures with tunable properties.
“There is a great potential market for this technology,” he said. “It can be readily and directly integrated into current industrial manufacturing lines without creating new expensive and specialized equipment.”
The Latest on: Stress-based fabrication
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Stress-based fabrication” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Stress-based fabrication
- New Projects May Strain Idaho’s Already-Tight Construction Industryon March 4, 2024 at 4:08 pm
A handful of incoming mega-projects, such as a $15B Micron expansion and a new Meta data center, could squeeze the state’s tradesmen and hinder other developments across the state.
- Fears mount for Idaho construction industry as billion-dollar mega-projects move forwardon March 4, 2024 at 3:00 am
These fears come on the heels of a construction market swinging back from sour conditions in 2023 that saw developers pull back on projects such as the 13-story Idaho Central Credit Union building on ...
- Supernatural Strength: 3D Printed Titanium Structure Is 50% Stronger Than Aerospace Alloyon February 29, 2024 at 1:33 pm
A 3D printed ‘metamaterial’ boasting levels of strength for weight not normally seen in nature or manufacturing could change how we make everything from medical implants to aircraft or rocket parts. R ...
- Lightweight yet mighty: 3D-printed titanium metamaterial could change engineeringon February 27, 2024 at 8:20 am
Researchers at RMIT University in Australia have made a discovery that could revolutionize manufacturing across multiple industries, from aerospace to medical implants. The study, published in the ...
- 3D printed titanium structure shows supernatural strengthon February 26, 2024 at 8:49 am
A 3D printed 'metamaterial' boasting levels of strength for weight not normally seen in nature or manufacturing could change how we make everything from medical implants to aircraft or rocket parts.
- Crafting Inclusive Spaces: Good American’s Unique Approach To Retailon November 27, 2023 at 9:00 am
Understanding that fit and fabrication are best experienced in ... creating a personalized and stress-free experience. Grede adds, "It's about empowering choice, and that's something that we ...
- Stress in College Students: What to Knowon August 14, 2023 at 7:51 am
And emotional stress was among the top reasons students considered dropping out of college in the fall 2022 semester, according to findings in the State of Higher Education 2023 report ...
- Yifei Jinon July 31, 2023 at 6:03 pm
yield-stress fluids for 3D printing applications, stimuli-responsive materials for 4D printing applications, and fabrication of multi-layered capsules. His research emphasizes the coupling of ...
- Welding and Fabrication Services Informationon February 4, 2022 at 11:29 am
This minimizes any heat stress on the materials ... Videos credit: IPS, Inc. / CC BY-SA 4.0 Fabrication shops are usually contracted based upon their ability to complete jobs with which they've had ...
- CNC Machining Services Informationon February 12, 2018 at 12:56 am
These capacity ranges are specified based on diameter and length ... A wide variety of colors and textures can be achieved. Heat treating / stress relieving- Heat treating is a broad category of ...
via Bing News