A novel bio-pesticide created using spider venom and a plant protein has been found to be safe for honeybees – despite being highly toxic to a number of key insect pests.
New research, led by Newcastle University, has tested the insect-specific Hv1a/GNA fusion protein bio-pesticide – a combination of a natural toxin from the venom of an Australian funnel web spider and snowdrop lectin.
Feeding acute and chronic doses to honeybees – beyond the levels they would ever experience in the field – the team found it had only a very slight effect on the bees’ survival and no measurable effect at all on their learning and memory.
The Latest on: Bio-pesticide
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Bio-pesticide” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Bio-pesticide
- Outsiders can’t develop African agriculture – Sangigaon November 22, 2022 at 10:41 am
General, Mr Nteranya Sanginga, has said that it is wrong for African leaders to expect outsiders to develop the agricultural sector of the economy as he ascribed leadership as the bane of the sector.
- Global Biopesticides Market to Hit Sales of $11.10 Billion by 2028 | China Produced over 14,000 tons of Biopesticide in 2021on November 22, 2022 at 6:22 am
Global biopesticides market was valued at USD 3.65 billion in 2021 and it is expected to reach at USD 11.10 billion by 2028, with CAGR of 14.69% over the forecast period (202-2028).Westford, USA, Nov.
- Pesticide Intermediate Market Research report forecast 2023 To 2028, Latest Industry News, Top Company Analysis, Research Methodologyon November 22, 2022 at 4:11 am
Pages Report] According to this latest study, the 2021 growth of Pesticide Intermediate Market will have significant change from previous year. By the most conservative estim ...
- Biopesticide may solve zebra mussel problemon November 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm
You can use chlorine to take care of them, but chlorine is [toxic].” She said the biopesticide will not harm the environment, because using it does not pose the same types of risks as using ...
- Quillibrium® Wins Crop Science Award for "Best New Biological Product (Biopesticide)"on November 17, 2022 at 5:56 am
The award for Best New Biological Product (Biopesticide) went to Botanical Solution’s Quillaja saponaria plant-based fungicide, Quillibrium. According to the Crop Science Awards web site ...
- Bio-Pesticide Market 2022 Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Market Demand, Growth, Opportunities and Forecast 2027on November 15, 2022 at 3:07 am
Nov 15, 2022 (The Expresswire) -- [163 Report Pages] Bio-Pesticide Market Analysis 2022 (Pre and Post Covid is covered and Report Customization is available) | by Product Type (Microbial ...
- CABI’s BioProtection Portal Reaches One Million Visitson November 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm
The CABI BioProtection Portal, a tool to enhance the awareness and uptake of biocontrol and biopesticide products by growers and advisors, has reached a landmark after recording one million visits to ...
- Bio-Pesticide Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2028 : BASF, Certis, Bioworkson October 27, 2022 at 2:23 pm
The Global Bio-Pesticide Market to witnessed good recovery in growth post first half of 2022 and is projected coverup market sizing during the forecast period (2022-2028). This press release was ...
- Protein biopesticide may be next wave in pest controlon December 24, 2021 at 12:34 am
A new type of protein-based biopesticide that gives a wide range of plants broad resistance to pests was approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA; Washington, DC) in April.
via Bing News