In the fight against cancer, proton therapy is especially precise and is better able to spare healthy tissue compared to established, high-level, hard X-ray based radiation therapy
The future face of modern-day anti-cancer therapy based on charged particles like protons could potentially involve using laser accelerators. However, these facilities will need to be reduced in terms of both size and cost compared to conventional ones. In the scientific journal, „Applied Physics B” Dresden medical physicist Umar Masood is the first to present a new design for the entire complex machine – from the accelerator to the radiation site. In the process, he has successfully cut the facility’s size in half.
The Latest on: Proton therapy
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Proton therapy” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Proton therapy
- Marysville girl beats rare, aggressive brain cancer with proton therapy at Seattle Children'son February 27, 2024 at 8:34 pm
Proton therapy is a more precise form of radiation cancer treatment that can kill tumors without damaging the surrounding tissues.
- Self-proclaimed ‘sports nut’ turns to proton therapy for prostate cancer treatmenton February 27, 2024 at 4:00 pm
But then he saw an ad featuring the Mariners’ head athletic trainer, Rick Griffin, talking about his proton therapy treatment for prostate cancer at Fred Hutch. As a huge sports nut, he was drawn to ...
- University of Cape Town proposes a proton therapy centre for cancer patientson February 26, 2024 at 1:31 am
The University of Cape Town has proposed a design and business case for a proton therapy centre to be established in Cape Town for cancer patients. In its proposal, the university said a team would be ...
- African first as UCT proposes proton therapy centreon February 26, 2024 at 1:18 am
A team based at the University of Cape Town (UCT) will design the technical specifications and business case for a proton therapy centre to be established in Cape Town, near to both the Red Cross War ...
- ‘Makes me sick’: Parents of kids with cancer unleash of proton beam therapy funding disasteron February 23, 2024 at 4:34 am
Followed categories will be added to My News. This week The Advertiser revealed the country’s first proton beam therapy unit which was due to open in a concrete “bunker” in the Australian Bragg Centre ...
- Foundation opens $3.7M extended-stay apartments at Cincinnati Children's Liberty Township campuson February 23, 2024 at 2:26 am
Cincinnati Children's has finished construction on a series of new extended-stay apartments. Here's what it means for patients ...
- Cancer patients 'outraged' by uncertainty around life-saving proton therapy uniton February 21, 2024 at 10:26 pm
In short: The SA government has concerns about the delivery and completion of a long-promised proton therapy unit in Adelaide's main health precinct. The highly specialised technology is the only ...
- The James opens first proton therapy center in central Ohioon February 21, 2024 at 1:35 pm
Find out how proton therapy -- an advanced cancer radiation treatment -- precisely targets tumors while preserving healthy cells.
- Fed-state deal lumbers SA with costs as proton project stallson February 21, 2024 at 12:02 pm
Health Minister Chris Picton signed off on updated financial plans for the proton therapy unit leaving South Australian taxpayers to pick up the multimillion dollar tab for cost blowouts.
- Construction of $70M cutting-edge, first in CT, proton therapy cancer facility to begin in springon February 21, 2024 at 1:00 am
Construction of the 25,000-square-foot Connecticut Proton Therapy Center being developed by two healthcare organizations will begin in March or April.
via Bing News