In the fight against cancer, proton therapy is especially precise and is better able to spare healthy tissue compared to established, high-level, hard X-ray based radiation therapy
The future face of modern-day anti-cancer therapy based on charged particles like protons could potentially involve using laser accelerators. However, these facilities will need to be reduced in terms of both size and cost compared to conventional ones. In the scientific journal, „Applied Physics B” Dresden medical physicist Umar Masood is the first to present a new design for the entire complex machine – from the accelerator to the radiation site. In the process, he has successfully cut the facility’s size in half.
The Latest on: Proton therapy
via Google News
The Latest on: Proton therapy
- Critical step forward for radiotherapy with a new method to treat canceron February 24, 2021 at 8:09 am
A new research development from The University of Manchester and the Christie NHS Foundation Trust has shown progress for developing a potential new cancer treatment using high energy electron beams.
- Study finds unexpected antimatter asymmetry in protonon February 24, 2021 at 8:03 am
Image of the apparatus used in the experiment. The proton beams pass through each of the shown layers, with the iron wall at the end of the path in ...
- Nature’s Funhouse Mirror: New Discovery May Explain the Confounding Asymmetry in the Protonon February 24, 2021 at 8:02 am
Asymmetry in the proton confounds physicists, but a new discovery may bring back old theories to explain it. Symmetry — displayed in areas ranging from mathematics and art, to living organisms and ...
- Nature's funhouse mirror: Understanding asymmetry in the protonon February 24, 2021 at 8:00 am
Asymmetry in the proton confounds physicists, but a new discovery may bring back old theories to explain it. Symmetry—displayed in areas ranging from mathematics and art, to living organisms and ...
- Proton Therapy Market Insights By Growth, Research Methodology, Emerging Trends and Forecaston February 24, 2021 at 6:47 am
"The report on the global proton therapy market provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for the period from 2017 to 2025. The report predicts the global proton therapy market to grow with a ...
- Medical Cyclotron Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis By Type, Capacity, and End User, and Geographyon February 23, 2021 at 2:23 am
Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Medical Cyclotron Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and ...
- Proton Therapy Market 2021 : Latest Industry Trends, Growth, Share, Size and 2026 Forecast Research Report with Top countries Dataon February 23, 2021 at 1:04 am
According to 360 Research Reports, the “Proton Therapy Market" 2021 by Types (Electron Beam, Proton Beam, Neutron ...
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR PROTON THERAPY HONORS YVES JONGEN AS THE 2021 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT ...on February 19, 2021 at 10:43 am
In recognition of his pioneering work in the field of proton therapy, Yves Jongen, world-renowned researcher and scientist, has been awarded the 2021 National Association for Proton Therapy’s Lifetime ...
- LEAP proton therapy could target cancer cells that resist treatmenton February 18, 2021 at 4:43 am
A proton therapy that targets cancer cells which are resistant to treatment has shown success, sparing surrounding healthy cells.
- New proton therapy targets treatment-resistant cancer cellson February 17, 2021 at 10:47 pm
Mayo Clinic researchers have developed a novel proton therapy technique to more specifically target cancer cells that resist other forms of treatment.
via Bing News