In the fight against cancer, proton therapy is especially precise and is better able to spare healthy tissue compared to established, high-level, hard X-ray based radiation therapy
The future face of modern-day anti-cancer therapy based on charged particles like protons could potentially involve using laser accelerators. However, these facilities will need to be reduced in terms of both size and cost compared to conventional ones. In the scientific journal, „Applied Physics B” Dresden medical physicist Umar Masood is the first to present a new design for the entire complex machine – from the accelerator to the radiation site. In the process, he has successfully cut the facility’s size in half.
The Latest on: Proton therapy
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Proton therapy” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Proton therapy
- Global Particle Therapy Market Size Worth USD 1.46 Billion by 2032 | CAGR of 8.1%on November 26, 2023 at 9:30 pm
The Global Particle Therapy Market Size was valued at USD 0.67 Billion in 2022 and the Worldwide Particle Therapy Market Size is expected to reach USD 1.46 Billion by 2032, according to a research ...
- Yale, HHC proton cancer treatment center back on track, work to begin in Wallingford early next yearon November 24, 2023 at 1:12 pm
WALLINGFORD — A partnership between Yale New Haven Health and Hartford HealthCare on a $73 million proton cancer treatment center will break ground early next year, according to a statement from both ...
- Oilers fan Mike Stelter shares good-news update after cancer treatmenton November 21, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Mike Stelter is coming home. Mike, the father of the late Edmonton Oilers superfan Ben Stelter, was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year.
- Shoot-through proton FLASH: a robust approach to brain tumour treatmenton November 21, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Proton therapy is an increasingly popular cancer treatment that offers superior dose shaping to conventional photon radiotherapy. This high-precision dose delivery, however, means that target margins ...
- Robert Salim - one of America's leading trial lawyers - successfully sues Blue Cross for refusing to pay for his cancer treatmenton November 20, 2023 at 12:39 pm
Robert Salim was diagnosed with stage-four throat cancer in 2018. He had an inch-long tumor under the back of his tongue and 'massive oral disease' and needed proton beam therapy.
- When insurers turned down patient’s request for cancer treatment, they didn’t know he was a top trial lawyeron November 20, 2023 at 4:22 am
Blue Cross and Blue Shield denied payment for the proton therapy Robert “Skeeter” Salim’s doctor ordered to fight his throat cancer. But he was no ordinary patient. He was a celebrated litigator. And ...
- Danbury-based proton therapy cancer center vies for CT approval a second time after being deniedon November 17, 2023 at 6:00 am
Danbury Proton’s 1,390-page application was submitted to the health strategy office on Nov. 6, arguing that the proton therapy cancer treatment center overlooking Danbury Municipal Airport would ...
- Proton beam therapy. Cure cns lymphoma!on November 16, 2023 at 8:34 am
Proton therapy is type of radiation which is expected to have better efficacy , lower normal tissue toxicity . If you were suggested proton therapy by a doctor , and need second opinion, please share ...
- Siteman Cancer Center Begins Treatment with Latest Mevion Proton Therapy Systemon November 16, 2023 at 6:01 am
Mevion Medical Systems announced today that the world’s first single-room proton therapy system has completed the upgrade to the latest MEVION S250i Proton Therapy System® with FLASH* capabilities, ...
via Bing News